Railroad Forums 

• Trying to find out about the tracks in Stanton, CA

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1099252  by Rbts Stn

My in laws are considering moving to the area to be closer to the grandchildren, and one of the places they are considering is on Katella, near Western Avenue. Since I can't go out there to look, I can use my Google map skillz to look for any potential issues. And I see tracks that appear to be freights, heading north, halfway between Beach and Western that then turn east (extensively) and west (appear to end before Knott ave).

Any idea how much traffic these tracks see, especially in that stretch from Chapman to Katella, and east north of Katella to Dale street and beyond?

Thanks!
 #1104286  by Backshophoss

Believe the tracks in question are ex-SP/PE,currently switched by UP. Stanton Industrial lead runs from W.Anaheim to
a village called Weibling,All tracks are FRA excepted,10 mph speed limit.

(info from an Altamont Press,CA region TT dated march '07)
 #1105808  by Rbts Stn

Backshophoss wrote:Believe the tracks in question are ex-SP/PE,currently switched by UP. Stanton Industrial lead runs from W.Anaheim to
a village called Weibling,All tracks are FRA excepted,10 mph speed limit.

(info from an Altamont Press,CA region TT dated march '07)
Thanks very much, this is good news.

Is there any way to calculate how often trains utilize these tracks?

Is it safe to assume that since there are crossing gates, there won't be any loud train whistles blowing?