Railroad Forums 

• PRSL Pictures

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#431629  by NJ Vike

With the permission of the Wildwood Historical Society, I've posted the following pictures of the PRSL in Wildwood. Please stop by and take a look at the large collection of pictures at the Wildwood Historical Society. Also, donations are appreciated, I'm sure.

Wildwood Historical Society

http://www.the-wildwoods.com/history/museum.html

A sample of pictures at:

http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?bo ... ;start=160

#431891  by Steam man

Vike. Nice job on the pictures. In this on your put "More employees or early railfans? " The guys are railfans ,most likely early West Jersey Chapter-NRHS. The big guy in the middle is Mr. E.L. Pardee, one of the past NRHS Presidents and long time South Jersey railway enthusiasts who was also a personal friend of my fathers. The man to the right maybe be Mr. Bob Stanton and the guy to the left I know the face from the past,but can't remember his name. They were all very young in this picture and I would guess it to be from the late 1930's or early 1940's despite the bowler on the man to the left.

This picture is labeled wrong . The Block and Interlocking Station at Wildwood Jct was located inside the Wildwood Jct station.

#431897  by Jerseyman

Steam Man:

I think you'll find the fellow on the left is Walter Zackon.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

#432358  by chuchubob

Jerseyman wrote:Steam Man:

I think you'll find the fellow on the left is Walter Zackon.

Best regards,
Jerseyman
Bob Stanton is 99% certain that the man on the left is Tom Clements, co-founder of the West Jersey Model Railroad Club with Lew Pardee.
Bob doesn't think the other man is himself: "(Too tall plus I never owned a shirt like that.)"

Bob Vogel

#432460  by Steam man

After thinking some more the other day, I did come to the conclusion that the man on the left was Tom Cements also. With the fuzzy detail of the photo to go by, if the man on the right isn't Bob Stanton then it could be Ed Birch (my uncle) as he was fairly tall and the image kinda reminds me of him. And it makes sense as he was a local rail buff, Seashore Lines employee and hung out in the same group.

#460508  by chuchubob

left to right: Tom Clement, Lew Pardee, Bill Lippincott
 #467064  by ErieAtlantic7597

Thankyou all so much for posting the links and the phots of Wildwood, NJ. I spent many summers only two blocks from the station on NJ Ave. My grandmother bought a house at 207 W. Pine Ave. between NJ. Ave.and the Boulevard early 1953. Went there till 1965. Remember well the trains arriveing and departing. We were that close to the station. Seems I remember steamers on the point of trains. Is an old man suffering from memory lapse or not?
Thanks again for the wonderful pics and memories.

Bruce

#474273  by RDG-LNE

I had the pleasure of meeting Ed Birch in a chance encounter on 04 July 2007 while he was visiting Philly. A true pleasure to talk with and a mind as sharp as a tack. We chatted for a good hour or so about PRSL and RDG things. How did we strike up a conversation? Easy, he had on a PRSL hat and my great grandfather worked for the PRSL as well.

Drew