Railroad Forums 

• Atlantic City Press letter about CMSL cars in Rio Grande

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#412672  by rrbluesman

Before the CMSL the predecessor company of the SRNJ, I think it was called the Shore Fast Line, ran freight down the branch, but they withdrew the service because of poor track conditions and a limited customer base.

#412737  by PRSL1972

OK lets try not to name other RR reguarding this issue. This topic could get locked and this topic is very interesting.

#412883  by prsl7668

Couldn't CMSL fix the bridge then bill NJT for the work? This way Cape May trains would run this year.

#412884  by prsl7668

The Vicarage wrote:Why isn't another RR entity (perhaps SRNJ) going for such service? If one line can't do it, let another one try.
I don't think the SRNJ would be interested since this doesn't seem to be a money making line.

#413674  by PRSL1972

CMSL would go broke if they tried to fix it. The bridge belongs to the stste, let them fix it.
 #423226  by themallard

RIO GRANDE — Fed up with vandalism to a string of railroad cars on a sidetrack here near the Route 47 crossing, Cape May Seashore Lines President Tony Macrie is working with the county Crimestoppers program to set up a cash reward to bring to prosecution those who damaged historic coaches and motorized Budd Cars.
While details are still being worked out, Macrie hopes to offer a $5,000 reward...
Cape May County Herald

#425203  by glennk419

I came upon this link in another thread from when the cars now at Rio Grande were still running, albeit poorly, and on rails a little further north.

http://www.youtube.com/jp.swf?video_id= ... qg_tnPAlBe

Thought some here might like to see this.

PS: You may need to double click to launch the video.