Railroad Forums 

• Bob Daniels' retirement

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#396365  by mitch kennedy

My old Zoo tower trainer, now a NJT conductor told me Bob Daniels retired a month ago, but just had a retirement shindig in Yardville this past Sunday. He had 40 years in , dating to 1967, and was on the "extra list" for a lot of his PRSL career. He was holding down a regular NJT AC run the last few years. I knew of him way back because his older sister was my teacher at Sterling HS in Somerdale and was a good friend of the family til she passed away about ten years ago. Now, also at this school were all the Githens kids... Remember Mr Githens the engineer, oh ancient PRSL veterans? Just thought I'd pass this along....

#396381  by The Vicarage

That's ashame, as Bob was such a cheerful, pleasant elderly man. He'll surely be missed. He never had a negative thing to say about anyone.

#396463  by mitch kennedy

Y'know, guys, this gets kinda old. I try to post stuff I remember about railroaders and railroading in South Jersey. I am a railroader myself, on a mid-sized regional linre in New England. I posted on towers on the PC. If people want to take pot shots at each other, use someone else's thread for the cat-fights and hair-pulling. This was a thread about a somewhat beloved railroader by fans and co-workers alike. I have spent dozens of hours scanning and posting pictures of stuff and all most people want to see is the feeding-frenzy style pile-ups about personalities. I don't know Vicarage or F-3 but politely take this cat fight elsewhere and I'm asking Mr Di Munno to step in. Thanks!

#396469  by F3A

mitch kennedy wrote:Y'know, guys, this gets kinda old. I try to post stuff I remember about railroaders and railroading in South Jersey. I am a railroader myself, on a mid-sized regional linre in New England. I posted on towers on the PC. If people want to take pot shots at each other, use someone else's thread for the cat-fights and hair-pulling. This was a thread about a somewhat beloved railroader by fans and co-workers alike. I have spent dozens of hours scanning and posting pictures of stuff and all most people want to see is the feeding-frenzy style pile-ups about personalities. I don't know Vicarage or F-3 but politely take this cat fight elsewhere and I'm asking Mr Di Munno to step in. Thanks!
Mitch, Bob is a personal friend of mine...I passed your post along to him so that he could have it.

Feel free to PM me at any time for further information.

Regards.
Last edited by F3A on Tue May 08, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#396470  by mitch kennedy

Thanks for your gracious apology! I am touched that you sent this to him..wish I could have met him (I may have years ago, but might not have known it was him!)