Railroad Forums 

• CMSL Tuckahoe-Richland service

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#340823  by glennk419

All was quiet when I stopped by Tuckahoe yesterday. They have moved the equipment around quite a bit with the P70's, RS3, CNJ Geep and the cabooses sitting on the Cape May runner next to the station. The F7's and URHS cars were on the runaround track by the station with the "Richland train" at the north end. They did thoughtfully place the RDC's adjacent to the tower for anyone looking for the perfect photo prop.

I also hope that they manage to move some more of the equipment up from Rio Grande in the near future before it suffers any more of the ravages of Mother Nature and the gremlins down that way.

While the 2006 season was shorter than anticipated, both in mileage and duration, it was great to watch and ride the CMSL again this year. Can't wait for 2007.

#371195  by glennk419

CMSL has updated their website with the 2007 schedule. Trains will begin running from Tuckahoe to Richland on March 24 with the Easter Bunny trains running on the first three Saturdays. They're also adding a dinner train, dubbed the "Sea Breeze", but no specific schedule is listed for that as of yet. Looks like Cape May service is still TBA, hope that they do run this year.

BTW, since one of the winning $370M lottery tickets was sold in Woodbine this week, it's South Jersey's newest tourist attraction. Let's get the trains running there too! :wink:

#371307  by PRSL1972

Maybe this person will be generous give NJT some money to rehab the line and the bridge!!!
 #378215  by lv414

[quote="Douglas John Bowen"]Various print media are announcing the commencement of Cape May Seashore Lines 2007 service between Richland Village and Tuckahoe. Below is (we hope) a link to one of the articles.

NJ-ARP hopes to see some of you on the property this year.

http://www.thedailyjournal.com/apps/pbc ... 30315/1002[/quote

Still nothing about if they will run to Cape May or not this year?
Roger D.
 #378498  by blockline4180

...it seems pretty sad on what has been going on down there. I don't know why Middle Township is so dead set against the train! However, I don't think Tony should let a town bully his railroad around though...
 #378576  by lv414

JoeBas wrote:
lv414 wrote:Still nothing about if they will run to Cape May or not this year?
Roger D.
At this point, he probably doesn't want to run the risk of some local Rio Grande Idiot councilman taking a stand against the mean, mean trains (trains which apparently by some hypnotic power force the upstanding young citizens of Rio Grande into vandalizing them) by standing on the tracks and refusing to let the train pass...
What happened down there to cause the councilman to take this stand? Is he newly elected?
RD

#378609  by PRSL1972

councilman is just trying to feel his oates before he gets his pp spanked.
 #378616  by chuchubob

lv414 wrote: Still nothing about if they will run to Cape May or not this year?
Roger D.
Still nothing on the subject from CMSL. If I were an optimist, I'd guess that Cape May service would resume in July, 2007.

Bob

#378753  by chuchubob

#379055  by lv414

When is the next (committee) meeting so I can attend it?

#379062  by josciak

Which commitee-persons so I can get in contact with them?
Joe O.

#379069  by prsl7668

josciak wrote:Which commitee-persons so I can get in contact with them?
Joe O.

Joe, check your email for ALL the information you need. GOOD LUCK!!!!

#379221  by George W. Rosenzweig

PRSL 7668:

Might you kindly publicize the information you have regarding meeting info and such? Thank you in advance.