Railroad Forums 

• CMSL into Tuckahoe, maybe Winslow

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#31807  by chuchubob

JJMDiMunno wrote: Last I heard, freight service was to begin by August. I am personally doubting this however, as none of the customer sidings have been constructed yet and here we are in July.
I heard that CMSL now expects to initiate freight service "next year."

#56229  by Chicagoblues

It th end of sept now, have the freight idings been contructed yet? When is frieght service going to begin on the CMSL?

#56249  by chuchubob

Chicagoblues wrote:It th end of sept now, have the freight idings been contructed yet? When is frieght service going to begin on the CMSL?
According to announcements made at the West Jersey Chapter-NRHS meeting last night, construction of the sidings has not yet begun. Apparently there are legal issues that are as yet unresolved.

#56351  by mgdemarco2

I would assume that legal issues equals NIMBYs?

#56471  by chuchubob

Maybe issues over ownership of the land on which the sidings are to be built, and easements.

#56524  by JJMDiMunno

chuchubob wrote:Maybe issues over ownership of the land on which the sidings are to be built, and easements.
Yeah, something like that...also involves a problem legally with the company doing the construction for the sidings and spurs I believe, etc...anyway, once that's all straightened out, it'll be done. Until then, everyone (including CMSL) just has to wait and let the lawyers do their thing...

They were hoping to get cars in there at least to Modern Gas by January, but it dosen't look like that's going to happen now...

Mike DiMunno

#58496  by JJMDiMunno

I'd just like to make it clear, that there are to be no more personal attacks of any kind on this forum...any further violations of this rule of mine will result in action being taken against the violator.

This forum is for the discussion of PRSL and CMSL operations, and topics related to those two...not for personal venting or the personal humiliation of a member or members...if you want to take part in that, do it via personal email or messaging or some other method, but don't make this forum one of them.

Thanks for your time guys.

Mike DiMunno
Forum Moderator.

#58660  by Chicagoblues

I am not sure if anyone is going to know this, but I am curious. I remember it being said some time go that the CMSL had already made contracts with businesses along the Cape May branch. Were those contracts written with some kind of a stipulation about the CMSL's reconstruction/construction of the trackage? I look forward to the day that frieght trins return to that branch, but are they going to loose these contracts if track isn't rehbilitated/laid soon?

Ed

#58783  by JJMDiMunno

Chicagoblues wrote:I am not sure if anyone is going to know this, but I am curious. I remember it being said some time go that the CMSL had already made contracts with businesses along the Cape May branch. Were those contracts written with some kind of a stipulation about the CMSL's reconstruction/construction of the trackage? I look forward to the day that frieght trins return to that branch, but are they going to loose these contracts if track isn't rehbilitated/laid soon?

Ed
I don't think this is an issue at this time...CMSL has several customers that have signed up in Woodbine, and all are awaiting construction of sidings, but I don't believe there's any time limit on this...or if there is, it's quite a while down the road...I'll inquire in any case next time I'm down that way...

Mike DiMunno

#223247  by themallard

So how have those sidings been progressing? And what about upgrading the track to class II between CCH and WDB? Does anyone know what class the track is between TKH and Richland?

#223400  by JJMDiMunno

themallard wrote:So how have those sidings been progressing? And what about upgrading the track to class II between CCH and WDB? Does anyone know what class the track is between TKH and Richland?
Quite well, actually. A review, for those of you concerned:

When we initiated this discussion a few years ago, the image below portrays the way Woodbine Junction looked. Those power lines in the background of the photograph show where Friedrickstadt Street (or however the heck you spell it) is located:

http://members.aol.com/jjmdimunno/Woodb ... Lead_1.jpg

And here, we have an updated selection of photos from the Junction. These images were shot on December 26, 2005 on the latest Dave Halbert - Mike DiMunno railroad extravaganza:

View number 1, showing the newly constructed branch to Modern Gas on the left, and the spur to another (unnamed at this time) industry in the middle (this is on the original ROW of the PRSL Woodbine Secondary, the old connector between the ACRR and the WJS at Woodbine):
http://www.sjrail.com/DailyPhotos/Woodbine_1.jpg

View number 2, showing the Modern Gas spur a little further down Friedrickstadt...and an overview of the Junction. The Woodbine Secondary spur can be seen in the background, along with the Cape May Branch (by the crossing signals), and the Lean Green Train Interceptor beyond that (it's there, wheather you can see it or not...gotta look real close to the right of that crossing signal):
http://www.sjrail.com/DailyPhotos/Woodbine_2.jpg

View number 3, just for kicks, is facing north along the ROW of the Woodbine Secondary. You can see the newly installed cement crossing there on Friedrickstadt...the Modern Gas sput splits off to the right in the background, and the Cape May Branch is on the left along with the Interceptor. And to the right, you can see New Jersey Railfan Forum moderator Dave at his best, inspecting the work there at Woodbine. And I know he's going to have something to say to me about my German street name spelling (or strasse, as he would say):
http://www.sjrail.com/DailyPhotos/Woodbine_3.jpg

Take care guys.

Mike DiMunno

#223716  by David

Love those pictures, Mike--Spelling not bad on the German street--LOL. I wonder how much progress has been made since we were there in December. We can check it out again in June when I come up for the month.

#223732  by JJMDiMunno

David wrote:Love those pictures, Mike--Spelling not bad on the German street--LOL. I wonder how much progress has been made since we were there in December. We can check it out again in June when I come up for the month.
I might go down there this week if I can free up enough time to inspect...I'll see about getting a few update photos if anything's changed...

I've been saying "I might go down there this week" for the last 3 months...so I'm not sure how good of a chance we have on that...

Mike DiMunno

#224279  by JimBoylan

JJMDiMunno wrote:I've been saying "I might go down there this week" for the last 3 months
Are you interested in any additional exploring this weekend?

#224467  by JJMDiMunno

Ah, weekend's pretty bad...always the worst time for me. Whatever I can squeeze in during the week, is usually all I do...

Let me know if you're free during the week at all though...

Mike DiMunno