Railroad Forums 

• CMSL Seatcheck

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#183007  by themallard

On Saturday I took a trip on the CMSL and looked at the seatcheck and noticed "GOS", "CMP", "." and "*". Is there, or are their plans to build a station at Goshen, and Cape May Point? Does anyone know if progress has been made in stations for Dennisville and Woodbine? Also what does the "." and "*" stand for?
Code: Select all

CAPE MAY
SEASHORE LINES, INC.

OW     |      RT   
S/B    |     N/B
TKH    |     CCH
WDB    |     RIO
DNV    |     CSV
GOS    |     CMC
4HF    |     CMP
  .    |     *     

Please keep this check in sight and 
take it with you if you leave your 
                seat.
NO CASH VALUE

#185701  by JJMDiMunno

themallard wrote:On Saturday I took a trip on the CMSL and looked at the seatcheck and noticed "GOS", "CMP", "." and "*". Is there, or are their plans to build a station at Goshen, and Cape May Point? Does anyone know if progress has been made in stations for Dennisville and Woodbine? Also what does the "." and "*" stand for?
Code: Select all

CAPE MAY
SEASHORE LINES, INC.

OW     |      RT   
S/B    |     N/B
TKH    |     CCH
WDB    |     RIO
DNV    |     CSV
GOS    |     CMC
4HF    |     CMP
  .    |     *     

Please keep this check in sight and 
take it with you if you leave your 
                seat.
NO CASH VALUE

At some point in the future, there is most certainly a plan to utilize the route to Cape May Point, which the CMSL does lease along with the rest of the Cape May Branch at this time. Therefore, I would suspect that a station will eventually be constructed there. Also, I'm not positive that the Dennisville station is actually demolished...a photo of this building is in the PRSL in Color book by Stroup, but I was unable to locate where it once stood exactly. I imagine that this building is gone, but I have no proof and have heard no solid information either way...and I keep forgetting to ask every time I come across someone who would definitly know...

I'd assume that once passenger operations begin over the entire Cape May Branch (after the track between Courthouse and Woodbine is brought up to par), that a building of some kind will be constructed at Woodbine and probably Goshen as well. Also note Rio Grande, where a station will eventually be constructed (at least this was the plan last I heard).

Mike DiMunno