Railroad Forums 

• CMSL??

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#187682  by rushhour

I have been away for a while and I have a few questions. Will CMSL use Tuckahoe Tower as an office or something? Why does one LV F7 have the CMSL logo on it but the other one doesnt? Anyone have any info on there freight service, Meaning when it will start?

Thanks guys

-John

#187833  by JJMDiMunno

rushhour wrote:I have been away for a while and I have a few questions. Will CMSL use Tuckahoe Tower as an office or something? Why does one LV F7 have the CMSL logo on it but the other one doesnt? Anyone have any info on there freight service, Meaning when it will start?

Thanks guys

-John
Hi John,
Concerning Tuckahoe tower, the Seashore Lines plans to eventually use it as it's primary office concerning the freight operation on the north end of the branch. Eventually, all equipment will be moved to Tuckahoe and out of Rio Grande (vandalism city) as well, therefore pretty much basing the whole operation out of Tuckahoe.

As for the freight service, all I can say is that it will start up soon. Work at Woodbine is nearing completion...I hope to get down there to check things out some time relatively soon, so I'll bring some photo documentary back with me to show everyone what's happening at Woodbine...

Take care.

Mike DiMunno

#187863  by PRSLTrainman

Hi Mike,

How much of the track storage space remains at Tuckahoe? In PRSL days, there was the small yard on the east side of the Ocean City branch, the wye track, and the single siding track on the west side of the Cape May branch. I see the siding off the Cape May Branch in several current photos. Is it still in service?

Lou

#187969  by JJMDiMunno

PRSLTrainman wrote:Hi Mike,

How much of the track storage space remains at Tuckahoe? In PRSL days, there was the small yard on the east side of the Ocean City branch, the wye track, and the single siding track on the west side of the Cape May branch. I see the siding off the Cape May Branch in several current photos. Is it still in service?

Lou
Hi,
The yard that once was in place along the Ocean City Branch just railroad-south of the grade crossing there in Tuckahoe is long gone, since the 80's I believe. The wye is also gone, but the once overgrown wye ROW has been cleared and graded in anticipation of re-installation of the wye. This work was done a few years ago by the Seashore Line's contractor. As for the siding on the Cape May Branch, that has been completely rebuilt and is in service, along with another siding which comes off of that original passing siding at Tuckahoe. This siding too is double-ended, and so it can be used as a storage track or a runaround, to allow CMSL engines to run around cars without having to request a form D to enter the Beesley's.

Mike DiMunno