Railroad Forums 

• August 1955

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#95848  by Steam man

August 1955- Reading G-3 #211 with a north bound Wildwood extra at track speed just north of Dorothy on the Cape May Branch. Photo from 8mm film by my late father. I'll post more if there's interset and as I get to them.
Last edited by Steam man on Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#95852  by hutton_switch

WOW! Cool pic! :-D How were you able to get such a good scan from a single 8-mm. movie frame?

#95891  by kevikens

Please more pix like that. What a way to be remembered.

#96145  by shetzer

Very nice. Love to see the whole film. Any chance of putting it on vhs or dvd?

#96161  by Steam man

I have had the whole set of films my Pop took in the early and mid-fifties put on DVD's by a small commercial outfit who was very helpful in the process. I am not sure about the posting of commercial sites on the board, but if anyone wants more info ,contact me at [email protected]. Please don't use my PM address as I can not access that mail account any longer.

#96164  by Steam man

Sorry, I need to clarify the original post and the above post. I did not intend in any way to make this a promotion of any commercial product nor do I have any financial intrest in the DVD sales. The intent was to share some photos of the Seashore Lines that I have for other to view and enjoy. Sorry Mike, if this came across the wrong way.

#98233  by railbird

Steamman,
bring on more pix
good job.
Did you, by any chance ,sign k cards in the early 70's?

#98456  by Steam man

Railbird,
I signed train orders,K-cards and all the rest. Why do you ask? HUH?HUH?

#98530  by railbird

steam man,
as a kid I spent alot of time hanging out with the wy 50-51 crew in the 70s
and i think i have some k cards signed by you.
I'd like to email you and ask about some of the guys you used to work with.
best,
bird

#98554  by Steam man

Railbird,
Sure, ask away but please use the e-mail addy above for the same reason.

#98846  by JJMDiMunno

Steam man wrote:Sorry Mike, if this came across the wrong way.
Just was re-reading through posts on the forum here and checking things out when I noticed this comment...speed reading apparently caused me to miss this earlier...

In any case, no problem Steam...didn't come across in the wrong way in any fashion as I see it...if you've got some more great material like that, I'm sure everyone on here would love to see it, as I know I sure would.

Take care.

Mike DiMunno
www.SJRail.com: All about South Jersey Railroads!