Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #700129  by Retroboy

Can any one know the history of the Parlor Car Service to Washington DC from Montauk? Dates of operation, photos, and of most interest to myself, if the Pennsylvania Railroad or LIRR publicized this with ads in magazines or Station posters?

I became quite curious after spoting this a few days ago:

Thanks
 #700161  by Otto Vondrak

Thanks for posting that neat piece of old paper! I'm going to cross-post this into the PRR Forum for more exposure...

-otto-
 #700404  by timz

I guess 1927 is the first guess for this timetable, followed by 1921, then 1932? But no idea whether the car ran year after year.
 #700433  by n2qhvRMLI

retroboy,

See what Otto's post on the PRR thread turns up, also post it on the Pennsylvania Railroad Technical & Historical Society Forum: http://prrthsdiscussionweb30239.yuku.co ... /view/id/1

Good luck, interesting paper. We'd love to have a photocopy of it for display at the Railroad Museum of Long Island.

de Don n2qhvRMLI
 #701249  by JimBoylan

PRR's West Philadelphia or 32nd St. station was just North of 32nd & Markets Sts. The main use at the end, just before 30th St. Station's Lower Level was built, was for through trains that didn't stop at the dead end Broad St. Station. Old aerial photos before about 1930 should show it.