Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #203495  by Schuylkill Valley

Hi all,
I posted this over on the Chaski railfan fourm.

Photo Special coming to Phillipsburg, Nj. in May.

Len.

Chaski Railfan

Night Photo Shoot Phillipsburg, Nj. Up Date for 2006

Chaski Railfan Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Leonard S.
Conductor

Post subject: Night Photo Shoot Phillipsburg, Nj. Up Date for 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
I was talking to Pete at the Western Maryland Photo Freight Special on Monday the 17th. and he told me that he is doing another photo special in November, the weekend before Thanksgiving. This is with Locomotive # 142 an 2-8-2 on the former Bel Del of the Pennsylvania Railroad. I was to the last one back in September and it was great!
He would like for people to come dressed in clothing of the 1940 `s

Len.

Last edited by Leonard S. on Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:58 am; edited 3 times in total

Leonard S.
Conductor

Re: Night Photo Shoot Phillipsburg, Nj. In November

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was talking to Pete on the phone yesterday and he told me that night photo special has been canseled! The reason is there is not enough coal and the locomotive has been winterized for the winter. But he did tell me there will be a Springtime Photo Frieght Special and on rare millage too. in the spring there will be four more miles added to the line, so it will go down as far as Rigglesville, Nj.

Leonard.

Leonard S.
Conductor

Night Photo Shoot Phillipsburg, Nj. In November

Happy New Year, I was talking to pete via. IM yesterday 12-31-05 He told me that his Photo Freight Special will be in sometime May of this year 2006 , So stay tune for information to come.

Len.

Leonard S.
Conductor

I was talking to Pete a few days ago. He`s thinking it might be held the second weekend of May, But he still has to talk with the RR about the time and date for this event, we are thinking of a few different shots and locations for this time. So stay tune.

Len.

Leonard S.
Conductor

Hi All,
As I said I`ll keep you all up to date on this subject,

Heres that latseted. We are looking to do some newer photo shoot with, one antque 1948 Farmall Cub tractor also we are hoping for uses of the 1930 Ford Pickup Truck. Now theres a good chance that there will be four more miles of track replaced down to Rigglesville, Nj. if that happens We will be able to do photos with an old PRR phone booth and a few bridges.

We are still asking for people to come dressed in 1940`s clothes. That would make it neat.

This Picture is from last years photo freight special, The Red lantern is mind it`s a real PRR

Stay tune for more up dates.

Len.

Image_________________
I have been a member of this forum since 1998.

Leonard S.
Conductor

Goodmorning all,

Sometime in april Pete and some others will be clearing trees and brush, if any one eles would like to help please feel free in giving them a hand.

If you own chain saws, weed wakers, pole chain saws, ect. come on over.
I`ll be there with a 1948 Farmall Cub with a 5` sickle bar mower.

Thanks,
Len.