Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the Penn Central, up until its 1976 inclusion in Conrail. Visit the Penn Central Railroad Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#601607  by Amtrak700

Hello, wondering if anyone out there can point me in the right direction, Im planning my layout based on the Maybrook between Maybrook & Hopewell Jct. Including Highland, Poughkeepsie (Smith St yard included) Hopewell, and a few other places. I do have some info but not much, Id be modeling it towards the end before the bridge burned. I need help finding train symbols that were used in the late 60's early 70's, online industrys, etc. Any help would be greatly appriciated! Thanks.
 #601641  by tech2187

shoreliner vol 26, #2 has a long story on hopewell jct. mentions symbols NX-8 and NX-9 as locals for hopewell/poughkeepsie that got rolled up into WAPO-10. im sure others can provide much better info and far more accurate. good luck on this, i hope i can do the same design as well at some point so if you could, please share your progress!!!!
 #601678  by Amtrak700

Actually I am doing part of the bridge, its very nostagic for me, as I grew up in Pougkeepsie, rode my 1st locomotive at Smith St a PC RS-3 when I was a kid, and later actually worked WAPO10 quite frequently when I hired out on Conrail, so I got pics during the CR era, I have managed to get a few pics from people through the years, but all I have now is what I remember in my mind. It seems this wasnt a very railfanned or documented piece of the NH or PC, even to see pics around highland, or all the little xings & overpasses between like lloyd & hopwell are impossible, and videos? Forget it, the all have like a 2 min section of the maybrook. I thank you guys for your help!!!! Dave