Railroad Forums 

• Noel Weaver's Collection and Memorial

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1509436  by XC Tower

I truly enjoyed this gentleman's posts.....By his words, one could see that he was a real railroader in the finest sense of the word.....Of the generation that was so nice to us kids who loved trains.....
He will be missed as they are, but remembered always....

XC
 #1509445  by Gilbert B Norman

I first met Noel during September 1960 on a CNJ fan trip. I next saw him again during 1969 at WestConn NRHS meetings and on a fan trip to Cape Cod.

After he retired and moved to Ft. Lauderdale, I still saw him for several "viewings" (no trespassing) of FEC property. I visited with him at his condo and/or my hotel. He was always optimistic about passenger trains again.on the FEC, but we lost one another before the AAF/Brightline/Virgin initiative moved forth (just as well; in view of my skepticism of such within the private sector).

So Noel, I'm sure your in the cab of the #363 (I think the EP-4 was your favorite NH electric) safely handling #25 to New Haven and ready for its 4 minute engine change there.

Rest in peace, My friend.
 #1509457  by NaugyRR

Growing up in northwestern Connecticut and spending many holidays and summers with family in Waterbury pretty much groomed me as a fan of the New Haven and other local railroads. Noel's impressive expanse of knowledge and first-hand accounts truly brought the area's railroad history alive for me, and turned what are now photos in books, old rails buried in the woods, and rusting equipment on sidings into living history. I'm grateful that during my short time on these forums that I was able to learn what I have from what he's shared, and I truly appreciate that what I'm sure is only a fraction of his knowledge will carry on in these message boards.

Thank you for sharing your career and passion with us, Noel. You will be missed, and may my sincerest condolences go out to your family.
 #1509463  by kilroy

A sad day for all here on railroad.net.

I didn't know Noel personally but always respected him for his knowledgeable posts. He will be missed by many.
 #1509464  by scoostraw

Sh*t. I am very sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting us know.

God Speed Noel.
 #1509474  by CarterB

Noel will be sorely missed by all his friends and followers on railroad.net. A class gentleman with tremendous knowledge.
RIP, Noel Weaver.
 #1509504  by airman00

Sorry to hear that... My condolences. Noel Weaver was perhaps the most knowledgeable person on this website!
 #1509509  by C-LINER 2001

Mr Weaver, you are one in a million, we all lost a true historian and friend on Railroad.net, rest in peace Mr Weaver and you will be missed!, Bob
 #1509525  by Otto Vondrak

Noel was extremely talented, extremely knowledgeable. I will miss his reminisces of working the Waterbury Branch, and his insight into the railroad industry in general. We traded timetables now and again. His friendship will be missed, I am deeply saddened by his passing.

-otto-
 #1509548  by Gilbert B Norman

Noel was never married, and all I know of his immediate family is that he has/d a Sister who resides/d in North Carolina.

There has been no obituary posted to date.

He last resided at a nursing home in Pompano Beach. Likely one hundred of those within the municipal limits.

It would be great if these postings could be passed to his family, if any surviving, so they could know how respected his thoughts, which he stood behind without "hiding" using a screenname, were at this site.