Railroad Forums 

• Dedham Loop -West Roxbury R.O.W.

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1546039  by mapnhrr

I have walked the Dedham to Readville portion of the branch just passed the River Street bridge in East Dedham and found most of the R.O.W. intact but overgrown. Some years later I walked part of the West Roxbury leg from Spring Street to the Stop and Shop in Dedham. I am mostly interested at this point in the section of the R.O.W. that passed behind the Dedham Mall where A.C. Moore is now and traveled under Washington and East Streets to the R.R. Trestle over High Street in Dedham Center. I remember in the 70's noticing the old bridge abutment along Washington Street from the back of the Dedham Mall. At the time I didn't know what this was but thought it odd it appeared to have been a bridge and at the same time was sealed up with a high concrete wall.

If anyone has any photographs of this sealed up bridge wall or better yet, when it was actually a bridge with the tracks running through it, I would love to see it.