Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

D&H

#4417  by MikeCDN

I don't think CP will sell the D&H as it's too valuable. The thought of CN getting it haunts CP exectutives. If anything CP is probably in the the mode for aquiring railways.

My thoughts.

Mike.
 #5406  by Champlain Division

With the unions screaming bloody murder about being busted by leasing to a shortline, the CN thing AND Sen. Charles Schumer getting involved politically, D&H will continue to see CP Action Red for the foreseeable future. :wink:

D&H

#209025  by D&HRailnut

I wouldn't mind seeing a few business men or women getting together and buying the D&H and running it as an independent line again.
:-D

#209040  by ANDY117

All the 7300's get repainted :wink:. But don't forget, the 930/931 is already running on the D&H. Maybe get some D&H painted ES44AC's and some SD70ACe's.

D&H

#209315  by D&HRailnut

I wish I had a couple of hundred million...lol, I'd buy the D&H and make it beautiful again.

Joe (would have been the 4th generation on the D&H)
 #209500  by 2nd trick op

Since the southernmost portion of the D&H (Sunbury Line) has been operated as a joint venture with Norfolk Southern since its revival back in the late 1990's, I doubt that operating issues woud be a concen here.

However, it should be remembered that various tax breaks, incentives, credits, etc. are often assigned to a particular entity, and the rules for the sale/transfer of these benefits are not uniform. Futhermore, it should be noted that two nations may be involved here.

So I suspect if we dig a little deeper, the D&H in one of its corporate incarnations may be a sales prospect, but you might need a tax attorney to explain the reasoning involved.
Last edited by 2nd trick op on Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#223206  by badneighbor

Maybe they just want to keep the colors active, like the UP heritage units.

#338803  by Skullitor

No the D&H is not for sale.

#339203  by trevor macpherson

All I can say is that I hope CSX dosnt buy it with the luck they have had. But the D&H is a good money maker for CP. The only problem they have is that they send all of the old power on this line so more problems occur.

But......They are awesome for pictures. :wink:

#341027  by Skullitor

ANDY117 wrote:All the 7300's get repainted :wink:. But don't forget, the 930/931 is already running on the D&H. Maybe get some D&H painted ES44AC's and some SD70ACe's.
7304 in D&H paint was working a local out of Plattsburgh,N.Y. on 12-29-06
Skull

#341136  by CN9634

Skullitor wrote:No the D&H is not for sale.
Everything is for sale, just need the right price :wink:

#341236  by Skullitor

CN9634 wrote:
Skullitor wrote:No the D&H is not for sale.
Everything is for sale, just need the right price :wink:
Maybe PanAm Railways would like "DISTRICT 5" Back CN9634? :-D
 #341260  by amtrakhogger

Sell the D&H to Susie Q.