Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#672880  by Engineer Spike

I had her assigned to me all last week. I like the 04 because she is one of the better running members of the class, along with the 05, 06, 09, and 10.
 #811951  by Benjamin Maggi

I still see her in Kenwood Yard (2010). Does she ever leave on the local with the orange caboose, and if so when? Or is she used as a yard switcher?
 #812373  by Bob Sandusky

Scot:

No idea of where she goes to but I go past the yard at least once a week. Sometimes 04 is there, sometimes 03 sometimes neither. And I can go for weeks at a time without seeing a lightening stripe in the yard (repaints seem to be there quite often too).

Where they go in the mean time I don't know but I like to let people know when the lightening stripes are in the yard in case they want to get pictures. That scheme won't last past their next repaint.

Bob
 #815226  by Benjamin Maggi

Figures! I was at the Yard sunday and neither 7303 or 7304 were there. Instead, they had an ex-B&M, ex-Gulford, now poorly patch lettered CP engine (mostly black) filling in! Maybe next week...
 #818967  by Benjamin Maggi

Yesterday night, after leaving work my wife and I were driving home around 5:20PM when we heard the horn as a Northbound train was crossing the first of several roads in Menands. We decided to watch it go by, and sure enough unit #4 was #7304! It seemed out of place, and I haven't seen it hooked up to road trains leaving Kenwood before. Anyway, I didn't have my camera (naturally) so no pictures. Hopefully it will return.
 #824786  by Benjamin Maggi

Wow, I wish I knew. I am not a member of the NRHS (living in the M&H region) but I would have joined to ride that train. Do they run them every year?