Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#403334  by ANDY117

It's not. I asked someoen I know who's in the D&H's management, and they aren't discontinuing the 416/417. Over on the yahoo! group, the Dispatcher hasn't heard anything about it, nor has anything been posted for the crews out of Saratoga.

#412227  by MNRR_RTC

One of my co-workers had previously stated that as of July 1st, CP to Fresh Pond service will be discontinued. Like everyting else in my railroad career, I will believe it when I see it.

#417034  by Skullitor

It's been announced in "TRAINS MAGAZINE" that as of 6-1-07 NO MORE QUEENS TRAINS.Has anyone seen it running?
Billy Leazer W.F.P.T.

#418733  by D&H7312

416/417 from Saratoga to Fresh Pond are alive and well. I worked the train on July 1st /2nd. CP 5690 & 5698 with 15 cars south/ 19 north.

Home terminal for this trains is going to be switched from Saratoga to Kenwood (Albany) on or about July 9.

#420616  by Otto Vondrak

All of this was sparked after some alleged communication between CP and Metro-North's legal department that alluded that 416/417 might end. I've yet to get anyone to produce this communication so we can see what it really says.

D&H7312 - Thanks for the additional info. Some people have said that moving the terminal to Kenwood will add hours of transit time to the job- any thoughts on that?

-otto-

#422007  by D&H7312

New terminal at Kenwood adds approx. 1:15 running time each way with no delays. Unfortunately this is a route with expanding traffic, local switcher and minimal passing siding capacity. No one can figure out the logic, but who are we to question the 'big picture'

#423403  by Railjunkie

Ive seen 417 twice this week on the Mets at CP 39 and CP 33 heard the dispatcher talking to the crew commenting on how strange it was having them going northbound on different days.

#431605  by pumpers

Where would the Kenwood-Fresh Ponds job cross the Hudson?
Does it use the Amtrak bridge at Rensalaer/Albany (would need a
reverse move???)

Where did the Saratoga-Fresh Ponds job cross the Hudson?

Thanks, JS

How many days per week does Kenwood-Fresh Ponds run?

#431614  by Skullitor

pumpers wrote:Where would the Kenwood-Fresh Ponds job cross the Hudson?
Does it use the Amtrak bridge at Rensalaer/Albany (would need a
reverse move???)

Where did the Saratoga-Fresh Ponds job cross the Hudson?

Thanks, JS

How many days per week does Kenwood-Fresh Ponds run?
It crosses over from the CP/D&H mainline in Schnectady to the Amtrak Water Level route, Just like the Aderondack does.
Skull