Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#26940  by Steve Wagner

A recent announcement at www.aat-net.de (the website of All-American Trains of Kaarst, German) says Proto 2000 Alco RS-2's are forthcoming in the Delaware & Hudson's original black paint with yellow lettering (and, we may fervently hope, end stripes). Delivery is expected in December. This website has a good reputation for posting some product news earlier than any U.S. sources.

The D&H RS-2's Kato offered a few years ago are in the later, blue, gray & yellow lightning stripe livery (unfortunately with a shield herald on the end of the short hood as well as on the end of the long hood, which was unusual).

#27018  by metman499

Will they be doing Naperville Junction as well? There is little change needed to make the change other than the lettering.

#27022  by Steve Wagner

Hobbycraft Canada (Life-Like's Canadian affiliate) offered two Napierville Junction Proto 1000 RS-2's last year as part of a run with Canadian paint jobs. Unfortunately, both were in the black and yellow scheme worn by one of the units relatively late in its career, WITHOUT the end stripes and with the handrails yellow for their entire length (the model's stanchions are also yellow). I intend to paint the stanchions and most of the handrails' length black and to add the end stripes using decals to replicate the 1950's livery.

#364515  by the missing link

a question w/ regards to that. now that we know they didn't put the end stripes on the model, whats the correct decal set to do that with? I looked in my Walthers catalogue and there wasnt anything for D&H/Microscale Decals.
thanks in advance,
link

#368105  by Steve Wagner

The Highball Graphics decal for black D&H road switchers has the yellow end stripes. It's # L-134, $6. See www.mgdecals.com for a photo of the decal and for ordering information.