Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

by D&HFan

Tell them it is on page 46 of 2/2007 titled "new train" under the NS section.

by roberttosh

I've heard that it may be Chrysler traffic that the NS & PAR are after - and possibley some imports too. I think CSXT has GM and Ford tied up for quite some time at East Brookfield and Framingham respectively.

by Steve Wagner

For many years Chrysler shipped new cars to a facility along the former Boston & Albany (now CSX) in Westboro, Mass., near the junction of I-90 (the Mass Pike) and I-495. Aren't they still doing that?

That facility probably can't be expanded. The adjacent land is a swamp that's home to an endangered species of either turtles or salamanders. Former President John Silber of Boston University very much hoped the railroad would relocate its facilities now at its Beacon Park Yard in Boston's Allston section there, but he was stymied.

by trevor macpherson

Ive been hearing more and more about the autoracks....I heard that there making some kind of facility and that they are hiring crews.

by johnpbarlow

The Westboro auto rack yard was shut down when E Brookfield opened a few years back. Staley still receives tank cars of corn syrup there and cuts of mixed freight can routinely be spotted in the yard as well.

by Adirondack_Ghost

Didn't the D&H carry Camaros/Firebirds from the St. Therese plant outside of Montreal as well. I seem to remember seeing them at least into the 2000's before production was terminated.