Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#194109  by sallenparks

I dont remember whether it was an old CTC magazine or what but the mag had a pic of a D&H C628 on the LTV(Erie mining) she was even renumbered 4200 class I think any one know when they went here for how long how many and why? Any help would be helpful. Thank you for any help to this ?

#194628  by NYSW3614

They all went to Mexico so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Perhaps the Sharks which went to the E&LS in MI?

J

#194697  by sallenparks

No this was before mex. I'm trying to find the photo I have from the mag in question.I'll post more when found.

#194707  by sallenparks

I found it.I posted that I thought it was CTCboard but I think it is Extra2200 South but for any that want too know it reads like this. One can only speculate why Erie Mining would lease locomotives from the D&H but they did in 1973,and they were temporarily renumbered into the 4230 series. (I think I said 4300's Ooops) These are not the only locomotives that the Erie Mining has leased, they have also had locomotives from the DM&IR on the property recently, and some old timers tell of some Great Northern locomotives in the early days, but only the D&H's are know to have been renumbered. The DM&IR's were assigned EM numbers on paper, but they were never actually applied to the locomotives, and like the D&H's were always used as trailing units. There is a photo with the 615 with 4232 under the cab window but 615 in it's number boards long read ain't. I guess now my only ? would be how many went to EM. One more thing the photo is by DOUG BUELL.