Railroad Forums 

• ROCK ISLAND WATER TOWER........

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

#261943  by GOLDEN-ARM

Here in Clovis N.M., there is a large "ROCK ISLAND" water tower, alongside the mainline to Carlsbad. Did the Rock actually come this far south, or has someone moved a water tower, used for filling steam engines? Can't seem to find any solid info, on the Rocks routes, outside of Illinois. Regards
:-D

#262049  by Nelson Bay

Golden Arm

There's an earlier thread in this forum "CRI&P Geography & Territories-4/2004" that should help.

Thanks for bringing the subject up- I didn't realize they went that far west.

#262356  by TB Diamond

According to THE OFFICIAL GUIDE dated March-April 1976, only the ATSF served Clovis, NM. The same edition shows the Rock Island (CRI&P) going as far west as Santa Rosa, NM on the Tucumcari Line.

#264470  by GOLDEN-ARM

This water tower is huge, I can't believe someone took the time, to move it. Will snag a few pix, and post them, when I get some free time. Regards :wink: