Railroad Forums 

• HERITAGE FOR THIS LITTLE CENTERCAB?

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#313034  by GOLDEN-ARM

I am making this post, and will add the pics, when my phone decides to "give them up". In Oregon, on the end of the line, at Stimson, I spotted a centercab GE, possibly a 45 tonner. The data from the builders plate, is as follows:
CLASS: B-B 90/90 2GE 733
BUILT: FEB. 1953
SERIAL NUMBER: 31719
HORSEPOWER: 300
The loco is green, with the number "7" on it. I didn't go inside the cab, so I can't say for sure, whats on any paperwork, that might have been there. The loco has 2 powered axles, the inside ones, with chain/sprocket drives, transfering power, to the outer axles. Will add pics, shortly, and will add more "little-locos", as I find them, inside various places, I get inside of, with my trains.........
 #317193  by dansapo

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:I am making this post, and will add the pics, when my phone decides to "give them up". In Oregon, on the end of the line, at Stimson, I spotted a centercab GE, possibly a 45 tonner. The data from the builders plate, is as follows:
CLASS: B-B 90/90 2GE 733
BUILT: FEB. 1953
SERIAL NUMBER: 31719
HORSEPOWER: 300
The loco is green, with the number "7" on it. I didn't go inside the cab, so I can't say for sure, whats on any paperwork, that might have been there. The loco has 2 powered axles, the inside ones, with chain/sprocket drives, transfering power, to the outer axles. Will add pics, shortly, and will add more "little-locos", as I find them, inside various places, I get inside of, with my trains.........
The heritage of this unit:
It was built 2/21/1953 for J Neils Lumber, Libby, Mont
as their #7.
became St. Regis Forest Prod. with buyout
then Champion International
then Stimson
transferred to Stimson, Or.
This info is from Jay Reed +Bob Lehmuth Critter guru's

#317583  by GOLDEN-ARM

Cool. Thanks for that. My damned Razr won't give up the pix, to AOL, so I need a specialized cable, and supporting software, to make the infernal contraption play nice with the computer. Pix still coming, when I can get them out...................... :(