Railroad Forums 

• GE 125-ton centercab

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#185207  by Roland1

Hello ,
I am searching for pictures and technical drawings of the GE 125-ton centercab swichters( not SL ). These locomotives, just two were built in mid of the 60's, are still working for the Georgia Power Company in Milledgeville.
regards
Roland Marx
Germany

#185358  by Allen Hazen

There is a phot in the (now out of print) Kalmbach "Second Diesel Spotter's Guide": it may be included in their current "Historical Guide to Diesel Locomotives" (not sure I've got that title exactly right). The accompanying text said it had the hoods of two U6B export locomotives (the U6B had a Caterpillar engine, but there's no guarantee that that would be true of the big centercabs too) and had 752 traction motors (these are the big traction motors that GE, and Alco, used on large locomotives): as I recall, the trucks looked like those on a U25B (or later 4-axle U series locomotive).

#186233  by MEC407

Gosh... ugly beast, and bad visibility no matter which direction you're running it!