Railroad Forums 

• Railroad wall collapses on city’s South Centre Street

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#686759  by hotbike

I found an interesting article, and I believe the structure mentioned was built by the Reading. Currently owned by the Reading Blue Mountain & Northern.
I added some comments, and I "Volunteered" some local railfans to offer to help the Director of Code Enforcement. The article states that he is afraid to go onto railroad property to survey the damage:

http://www.republicanherald.com/article ... ogcomments
"Railroad wall collapses on city’s South Centre Street
BY STEPHEN J. PYTAK
STAFF WRITER
[email protected]
Published: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:15 AM EDT
Representatives of Reading, Blue Mountain & Northern Railroad, Port Clinton, were in Pottsville Tuesday making plans to repair a more than 30-foot stretch of collapsed stone wall and iron railing near the tracks off South Centre Street. “There might be some other parties involved here. We can’t enforce our regulations on federal property, and they fall under federal regulations if I’m not mistaken. We’ll work with them to solve the problem because it affects our area,” said Donald J. Chescavage, city code enforcement director, who was also on the scene Tuesday. “We’re keeping an eye on the situation,” City Administrator Thomas A. Palamar said Tuesday.