Railroad Forums 

• Looking for decals in HO or S scale

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#23336  by N. Todd

Does anybody make HO or S scale decals for the blue and grey L&HR livery, or is their a diagram availible for paint placement? And what type/brand of paint did L&HR use for the grey and blue?
 #23543  by Marty Feldner

N. Todd wrote:Does anybody make HO or S scale decals for the blue and grey L&HR livery, or is their a diagram availible for paint placement? And what type/brand of paint did L&HR use for the grey and blue?
The blue & grey scheme was only used on the C-420's, #21-29. Herald King (Miller Advertising) did a set of HO decals years ago, but the company has been out of business for several years. They do occasionally show up on Ebay (nice set, too- screen printed, thinfilm). I've used a few, still have one or two left in the folder.

As for type/brand of paint, they came delivered in that scheme, from ALCO- and the L&HR never repainted any of them. I've used the old Floquil Reefer Grey and B&M blue- it seems like a good match to the paint job when new (and the colors of the decals).

HTH...
 #23649  by jmchitvt

Check out mgdecals.com (Highball Graphics) for their set L-150 for the L&H C-420.

They post a color diagram and note GN Big Sky Blue as "their"
idea of the blue.

However, I do agree with Marty that the BM blue is closer to actual as I rememeber it on the first few units I saw before moving on.

Joseph

#24888  by N. Todd

Marty, Joseph, thanks for the help.
One other thing, would you happen to know what type of horn was used on the 420's? I can't quite make it out.