Railroad Forums 

• Cliffwood - Keyport

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#267858  by NJ Vike

choess wrote:NJ Vike, you'll be wanting to look at Chapter 9: a map of the relevant area is on page 165. No Cliffwood-Keyport line...
Hmm. I will take a look at it this evening.

#269774  by NJ Vike

salminkarkku wrote:I'm pretty certain that this line as shown in SPV's atlas is a mistake for the trolley line. Since I'm involved in the historical side of revising for the new edition, I've listed as "delete", or perhaps to be shown as an electric railway.
The latest editions of SPV have shown all the interurbans featuring in "Hilton & Due", and since the Perth Amboy to Long Beach system is mentioned it will probably be drawn in.

SPV's "Northeast" is likely to be out of print soon, and the new edition out sometime next year. There's a LOT of historical stuff to be added.
Is there some way to be notified when the new one will be available?

Thanks

#269779  by NJ Vike

salminkarkku wrote:I'm pretty certain that this line as shown in SPV's atlas is a mistake for the trolley line. Since I'm involved in the historical side of revising for the new edition, I've listed as "delete", or perhaps to be shown as an electric railway.
The latest editions of SPV have shown all the interurbans featuring in "Hilton & Due", and since the Perth Amboy to Long Beach system is mentioned it will probably be drawn in.

SPV's "Northeast" is likely to be out of print soon, and the new edition out sometime next year. There's a LOT of historical stuff to be added.
Please don't *delete* the line as shown. It's nice to know what existed and hence the reason why I purchased this Map.

I see that your website says the second edition is out for the Northeast. Do you mean a third is on its way?

#271681  by RussNelson

salminkarkku wrote:SPV's "Northeast" is likely to be out of print soon, and the new edition out sometime next year. There's a LOT of historical stuff to be added.
Feel free to use anything on my New York State Railroad Routes that you don't already have listed. All I ask for is credit.

#274412  by NJ Vike

RussNelson wrote:
salminkarkku wrote:SPV's "Northeast" is likely to be out of print soon, and the new edition out sometime next year. There's a LOT of historical stuff to be added.
Feel free to use anything on my New York State Railroad Routes that you don't already have listed. All I ask for is credit.
Russ,

Thanks!!!

#442691  by firthorfifth06

I'm from Keyport and I still live there now. There used to be a trolley service in downtown Keyport that ran along Front St. I've seen pictures and read information in history books on Keyport. Beyond Keyport, I'm not sure where the tracks would have gone.

From what I understand, trolley service in Keyport was removed long before the CNJ line was abandoned in the 60's. Does anyone know where the Keyport stations exact location was?