Railroad Forums 

• Vignettes of CNJ Volume 3

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#448  by njt4172

Anyone know if CNJ Volume 3 is out yet from Clear Block?? I am dying to see this film :roll:
Steve
 #496  by eonflux

I saw my friend at the Greenberg Edison show, He said in hopefully within 2 weeks, they will be in. He has no idea on whats going to be on the video, As Clear Block didn't tell him anything, except he'll have them in about 2 weeks.

Phil
 #509  by njt4172

Thanks Phil! The only thing I heard about it is that it will be about an hour and feature trains in NJ from 1968-1976...

Steve

#752  by CNJFAN

I was only told by the clearblock people that it will be soon and he will give me and E-mail alert when that time comes.

#790  by Ken W2KB

I wonder if it will be available in DVD format? I no longer have a VCR.

#825  by CNJFAN

Volume #2 was available on DVD so I don't see why #3 would not be.
I did have a minor problem with clearblock, I requested a DVD on Volume #2 but they accidentally sent a VHS version to me but I still wanted the DVD so I just e-mailed them to inform them of their mistake and at their expense sent the correct format to me and paid for me to send back the VHS Tape.
They seem to run a good business and take good care of their customers.

#1086  by Ken W2KB

Thanks for the info. DVD it is, when it arrives.

#1571  by DocJohn

Can someone provide details of these videos?

DocJohn
Macon, GA (lived in Raritan '70-'78)

#1646  by CNJFAN

What kind of details?
I have volume #2 and it shows freight movements in Cranford very close to Aldene and some steam passenger in Westfield and some freight in Bound Brook and I think Flemington too.
Does this help you?
 #1976  by gpicyk

A check of the Clear Block web site states that the video will be released on March 31 and it will be available in VHS and DVD the running time is 56 minutes and the price is $30.00 for either tape or DVD. George :P

#3911  by BigDell

Any of the local hobby shops sell these DVD's? Dick's Hobbyland (I know, Dick is no longer with us...) in Cranford or that shop in Piscataway? Dunellen?
I'm only in NJ on weekends....

BigDell

#3962  by CNJFAN

No, You have to order them directly from clear block and have had good success with them.
When I ordered a DVD from them, they made a mistake and sent a VHS and they corrected the order by sending me the DVD version and they payed for me to return the VHS to them.
To me, that makes a good company.
The Model Railroad store in Piscataway/Dunellen line on Vail St. does sell other VHS CNJ stuff which is good too but not from Clearblock.
I have both products and both were very good.
 #7157  by jack S.

The Model RR Shop in Dunellen/Piscataway DOES sell this volume in both VHS and DVD - $29.95 either one.

#7346  by CNJFAN

Thanks Jack.
I will be in to get one instead of ordering it directly from them.
Please post when you received Volume #3 into the store.

Thanks
 #7544  by jack S.

Picked it up Sat the 27th, so they arrived after the 24th, my last visit.

Best switches,