Railroad Forums 

• What coal hoppers to use in with a C&O Allegheny?

• Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #955372  by NS3737

Some years ago I could not resist buying the Rivarossi H0 scale model of the C&O Allegheny. Now I have come to the point that I want to match this with a string of C&O hoppers, a search on the Internet resulted into this find:

http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default ... D=ATH72700

From what I could find on this these type of coal hoppers, makes me think that the 1:1 counterparts very likely have been used in trains pulled by an C&O Allegheny in the 1:1 (= real world), is this correct assumption?

Additionally are there currently available other options?

Thanks in advance!

Gijs