Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #580955  by krobar

I Recently saw photos of WM RS2 #180. When did they modify the cab area? I saw that the fuel fill is now located on the end of the cab wall instead of the normal side location. Also was the extra equipment box that is located in front of the firemans side of the cab added at the same time, and what does it have behind it? Thanks for any info.
 #585159  by scooter3798

The WM RS-2's were built with the fuel fillers mounted on the cab ends versus the cab side mount used on most other RS-2's. I'm not really sure what the box on the fireman's side is for. I know that they added flange lubricators to some of their RS-3's in the late 60's, but those boxes looked similar to what was mounted on their SD35's and 40's, and they were mounted on the engineer's side, so I can rule out that.

Scooter