Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #547971  by palmland

Does anyone have information on the fate of B&O's observations. The thread on the Royal Blue made me think of its classic, if 'modernized' heavyweight observation. How about the ones on the National Limited and Capitol Limited.

I am particularly fond of the ones on the National having ridden them many times on summer vacation trips to Tennessee. I know one was involved in a wreck and another was vandalized at the B&O museum. I don't recall which one was left; Maumee, Genessee, or Wabash River. How about the ones on the Capitol? I remember seeing the last run of the Capitol and it looked mighty good with the observation on the rear.
 #548275  by Ken S.

Of the 5 Bedroom-Obs cars that were built for C&O;
Wawasee became San Diego Club and later went to AOE as Monterey after a stint at Amtrak.
Nappanee went to LIRR as AMAGANSETT and later Morris Park, it is last I saw of it in the hands of a private owner.
Metcalf's fate after AMTK is unknown.
 #548412  by mmi16

Ken S. wrote:Of the 5 Bedroom-Obs cars that were built for C&O;
Wawasee became San Diego Club and later went to AOE as Monterey after a stint at Amtrak.
Nappanee went to LIRR as AMAGANSETT and later Morris Park, it is last I saw of it in the hands of a private owner.
Metcalf's fate after AMTK is unknown.
Dana was the 4th of the cars....any word on it?