Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #34647  by creeker

I have a question for you B&O fans. I have a lantern that is made bye ADLAKE for the B&ORR. It is marked on the top B.& O. R.R. It has a red glode that is also marked B.& O. R. R. and ADLAKE. It also has a lead base. It is all there from the globe to the burner to the base. Now here is my question. How Much would this lantern be worth. Now even though I am asking this question the lantern is not for sale and will not be. Thank you for your help.

-Eric

#35248  by Urban D Kaye

creeker -
Check Ebay, but I'd say anywhere from $25-$75, tho I've seen higher for good condition. There's alot of surviving ADLAKE stuff out there from the major RRs like the B&O. Markings from short lines, rare roads, or short-lived roads might bring more from a collector.

I have an old PRR DRESSEL lantern my grandfather gave me. We fired it up once, back in the 1970s. Still has some wick left. I'm told it's worth about $65. I ain't sellin mine either.