Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #223180  by chessie

Hi all,

Just bored today and looking of Chessie System. My father worked for them (and all of the mergers in the 70's/80s). Curious if anyone worked at the yard in Chicago that was near the Nabisco Plant (then shut down in the early 80s and moved to Riverdale)?

It's so weird to look back at all of this and remember my dad coming home with his Chessie jacket, hat, mug, paper, :) He would always bring me home something as a kid.

Just wanted to say hi.
 #302336  by LJ

My uncle use to work for the C & O of Indiana. He was based out of Peru, In. But for seven years he was based in the Chicago area. His name is Robert E. Kleonne. He had told me that the C & O had a yard up at Rockwell St. in Chicago. And then there was one over at Burnham, Il. Also the C & O shared a yard with the ERIE over in Hammond, In.