Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #174085  by msernak

I was not sure whether to ask this under this thread or B & O's, but here goes anyway. Did any covered wagons or Alcos ever make it to Chessie? If so were any ever painted in Chessie colors?

#192628  by Tadman

I've seen pics of Chessie RS11's, and I know the Clinchfield F's made it to CSX bright future livery, but they skipped Chessie as they were under a different root of the family tree. I can't recall standard WM/BO/CO covered wagons in chessie yellow/vermillion/blue.

#226306  by N. Todd

RS-11s?! noooo... Neither C&O, B&O or WM ever had those.
C&O had now-extinct RSD-7s, B&O, RSD-15s. I dunno what became of the C&O units, but none of the RSDs made it into the Chessie era.
Three B&O S-4s got Chessie paint. Two went to Naporano.
 #226764  by cw cabin

I do have an HO scale covered wagon engine that came boxed in a set that is painted in Chessie colors, looks pretty cool. Would of been nice to see one painted in Chessie colors.