Railroad Forums 

• Sources of Information on Western Maryland's little pocket terminal and station at Hillen?

• Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #1533240  by railfan2000

I can't seem to find much out about this little operation, a few buildings in the background of locomotive photos and a detailed late 40s/early 50s, I think, blueprint I snatched off eBay years ago are pretty much my references. While the blueprint probably puts me ahead of nearly everyone else in references, I have almost no idea how it operated or the seemingly extensive changes the station went through to make the photos make sense, other than the entire place was heavily rebuilt about 1954 and possibly also heavily modified around the time the Orleans viaduct was built in the 30s. There seems to be exactly one bad quality photo of the original Hillen station itself on the internet, the usual historical photo resources turn up literally nothing. Anyone know if this has been covered in any magazines or which issues of the Blue Mountain Express, if any, detailed it?