Railroad Forums 

• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1213267  by BuddSilverliner269

zebrasepta wrote:saw 3 silverliner v's pulling an silverliner iv possibly deadheading towards roberts yard around 2:15
Yard moves and deadhead moves are the only way you'll see consist like this. They can not operate like this in revenue service.
 #1213886  by Quinn

N.E.Pennsy wrote:Saw #738 wrapped for Snapple
Caught this on an overpass I was driving under. The flash of yellow made me think of the Airport cars...
 #1256094  by glennk419

I guess SEPTA RRD operations have gotten so vanilla that the advertising is about the only variety we get these days.

I did however just see a five car SLV train ( 3 singles and a MP ) come through Roslyn. The extra cars were obviously there to handle the crowds on the last day of the Flower Show but any five car train makes for an interesting consist on this line on a Sunday.
 #1258285  by 25Hz

Just saw 4 single consist silverliner 4 toward west Trenton at langhorne. Both ends had the lights on and front car dest sign was nearly falling out the slot.
 #1267672  by rslitman

On 4/28, car 428 was on trains 6370 and 3755. Of course its partner 427 was with it. So were 127 and 128. It's too bad these 28s weren't on 328 instead that day. 328 had a rare (for it) Silverliner V consist. I may not miss the Budd cars (Silverliner IIs), but I miss using the "Budd Car" phrase, which had morphed into "Blood Car". For reasons I won't go into now, 427 has become one of a group of currently in use cars I now call "Blood Cars".
 #1268293  by 25Hz

I have been seeing increasing trains with 3-4 singles of silverliner 4. They remind me of the now retired silverliners. :)
 #1272386  by BuddCar711

zebrasepta wrote:saw a few silverliner V's with window wraps (Middle 4 windows) advertising Commuter's Choice
BTW, in one of those ads, the woman wearing the lei, by any chance is that Rosario Dawson (because she looks a lot like her)?
 #1272395  by rslitman

zebrasepta wrote:saw a few silverliner V's with window wraps (Middle 4 windows) advertising Commuter's Choice
Yesterday, I rode in the railfan seat of a V. At one point, I saw an animal that may have been a fox cross in front of the train, making it safely to the other side. After I got off, I noticed that the car in which I had been riding had an outside ad (not a full wrap) for Temple's Business School saying, "No one outsmarts a Fox." This time, though, it looks like the fox outsmarted the train.

To get back to tbe Interesting Consists topic, one day this past week, train 3755 had cars 370-371 and 372-373, separated by a single IV with a number in the 270s.