Railroad Forums 

• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1137405  by askclifford

I think I saw that too around 12:15 at Bryn Mawr...
Not sure if any of the cars were open, but it appeared to be in service.
 #1137406  by Silverliner II

Malvern Metroliner wrote:Call me crazy... but... I swore I saw a mixed silverliner IV/II consist at Paoli. It was terminating at Malvern. I was at Paoli around 12:30. By the time I noticed it was a II it had already pulled away and I could not get a number. I am not sure if the cars were open though. Could it have been an equipment move?

Can anyone verify this is possible, or was the smell of burnt catenary getting to my senses...
The only operational few left are serving as shop switchers at Overbrook. For the time being, that is. But definitely not in revenue service since the end of June.
On the other hand, there is nothing to stop them from being towed dead somewhere.
 #1137583  by scotty269

Silverliner II wrote:
Malvern Metroliner wrote:Call me crazy... but... I swore I saw a mixed silverliner IV/II consist at Paoli. It was terminating at Malvern. I was at Paoli around 12:30. By the time I noticed it was a II it had already pulled away and I could not get a number. I am not sure if the cars were open though. Could it have been an equipment move?

Can anyone verify this is possible, or was the smell of burnt catenary getting to my senses...
The only operational few left are serving as shop switchers at Overbrook. For the time being, that is. But definitely not in revenue service since the end of June.
On the other hand, there is nothing to stop them from being towed dead somewhere.
*Or towing something that is dead.
 #1138007  by SEPTAR2Newark

With 4845 canceled its replacement was 6845 starting at Suburban consisting of 702 (Speakeasy) and 707 (Tropicana). Spent some time in each of the cars but sadly time only allowed a ride to North Philly.
 #1148370  by rslitman

A few weeks ago, train 3755 had 4 Silverliner IV cars. From front to back, they were married pair 360 and 361 followed by married pair 358 and 359. It's too bad that the two married pairs weren't coupled in reverse sequence.
 #1148619  by Silverliner II

rslitman wrote:A few weeks ago, train 3755 had 4 Silverliner IV cars. From front to back, they were married pair 360 and 361 followed by married pair 358 and 359. It's too bad that the two married pairs weren't coupled in reverse sequence.
So close!!
 #1149187  by ekt8750

zebrasepta wrote:2 bailey's silverliner v and an sunshine express silverliner v on train 582 yesterday
That would make for one gross cocktail.
 #1149293  by Silverliner II

zebrasepta wrote:2 bailey's silverliner v and an sunshine express silverliner v on train 582 yesterday
I have to work tomorrow. Lose the Bailey's and give me a virgin screwdriver...
 #1157094  by CNJGeep

Not sure of the train number, but 417-418-419-420 just pulled into West Trenton.
 #1157111  by Silverliner II

CNJGeep wrote:Not sure of the train number, but 417-418-419-420 just pulled into West Trenton.
Wow, that set has been together for a week now! I saw it back on the 27th heading towards Center City.....
 #1185026  by Matthew Mitchell

Somebody likes to put interesting consists together: I'm riding 573 in from Ambler: 701 is leading 882, 881, 866, and 865 (which seems to ID its wi-fi as 861)
 #1196544  by MACTRAXX

Everyone: I am interested in finding and riding in P/P car 2512 with its prototype interior...

I have an opportunity this afternoon (Friday June 28th) to use SEPTA RRD during the PM rush period and
I would like to know which P/P train this car may be used on - this being a "prototype" for overhauling
the 1987 Bombardier car fleet...It turns out that car 2512 was on today's Great Valley Flyer-Train #9561
and I rode the GVF to Paoli...

I have only seen the two pictures that were posted at the Rail Roadeo topic and I discovered that
the M1/M3 seats used in this car no longer has cushion seat backs - the same as the LIRR car versions...
I really like the interior colors and new lighting...

I will also mention that this weekend will be quite interesting especially with the fare increase
and RRD zone changes scheduled to go into effect on Monday July 1st...

MACTRAXX
 #1196837  by rslitman

MACTRAXX wrote:It turns out that car 2512 was on today's Great Valley Flyer-Train #9561
and I rode the GVF to Paoli...
Why am I not surprised that it was on this train and not on, say 6378?
 #1196885  by Limited-Clear

It has been on 6378, it is not captive to the Paoli side, it is used as another piece of equipment and will turn up on any run the bombers go on, the only place you won't see it is on a Newark run if the engine is 2303.