Railroad Forums 

• Future of Route 15 as a trolley line

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1531942  by chuchubob

SEPTA announced that Saturday Jan 25 would be the last day of PCC II service and that only four of the PCC II trolleys were still operable. A SEPTA trolley driver announced that Friday Jan 24 would be the last day. He was correct. I went out on Friday to ride and photograph the last day of service. Of the four operable cars, I photographed five on Friday. Another trolley fan photographed seven of the four on Wednesday.
 #1531948  by JeffK

Great pictures, nice memories. Let's hope we see a few of them back in 12-18 months but I'm not overly optimistic despite all of the promises. :(
chuchubob wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:40 pm... Another trolley fan photographed seven of the four on Wednesday.
That sounds like the "You have two cows" joke, Enron version.
 #1546239  by MelroseMatt

Has Septa shut off the power to the overhead line now that trollies are not running? Or do they keep it electrified to prevent vandalism and theft?
 #1546378  by JimBoylan

I haven't looked West of Frankford Ave., but between there and the Delaware Expwy. construction, the feed wires are disconnected from the trolley wires. On the new construction farther towards Westmoreland St., there are cutout switches in boxes on the poles, so no obvious disconnection can be seen.
Right now, new wire has been strung past Allegheny Ave. almost zll the way to the loop. Some of the span wires have been hung beyond there.