• AEM-7/ALP-44 status

  • Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

  • 131 posts
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  by scotty269
 
khecht wrote:
scotty269 wrote:2308 was on track 0 @ Suburban with a mechanic in the cab around 5:45pm on Thursday 5/18. Looks like they were testing something, as they kept turning the lights on and off.
Has SEPTA started boarding peak trains on 0? I don't think I've boarded a push pull on that track in maybe 10 years, and that was a day when there was an early snowstorm commute.
Typically only protects, extras, or other special cases use 0. Cynwyds are on 5.
  by South Jersey Budd
 
2308 was on 1565 tonight to Thorndale.

Scheduled morning push pull trains are:

1502/1295/9212
9526
9538
9724
6325
9340
9524

Scheduled evening trains are:

9251/9254
9745
9561
9547
1565
6378
9559
  by South Jersey Budd
 
2308 is sitting at Suburban Station on 7 track so it looks like it will be on 1565 tonight.
  by CNJGeep
 
South Jersey Budd wrote:2308 is sitting at Suburban Station on 7 track so it looks like it will be on 1565 tonight.
Correct, complete with a graffiti-kissed Control Car on the N end
  by liftedjeep
 
South Jersey Budd wrote:2308 is sitting at Suburban Station on 7 track so it looks like it will be on 1565 tonight.
Will 2308 lay over the holiday out in Thorndale? Anywhere a good shot might be obtained??
Ben
  by MACTRAXX
 
liftedjeep wrote:
South Jersey Budd wrote:2308 is sitting at Suburban Station on 7 track so it looks like it will be on 1565 tonight.
Will 2308 lay over the holiday out in Thorndale? Anywhere a good shot might be obtained??
Ben
Ben: 2308 - and many of the push-pull trainsets will spend the 4th of July at the Frazer Shop complex yard.
Frazer Shop is located off of Sproul Road (PA 352) south of Lancaster Avenue (US 30) along the Main Line ROW.
Not sure if trains yarded at Frazer are visible from public property or if visitors would be welcome with permission...

MACTRAXX
  by CNJGeep
 
MACTRAXX wrote: Not sure if trains yarded at Frazer are visible from public property or if visitors would be welcome with permission...
No, and assuredly no, respectively.
  by boomer
 
CNJGeep wrote:
MACTRAXX wrote: Not sure if trains yarded at Frazer are visible from public property or if visitors would be welcome with permission...
No, and assuredly no, respectively.
Never say never. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by NorthPennLimited
 
Now that there are five ACS-64 locomotives on SEPTA’s property, does anyone have an idea when they will make the transition to swap motors and retire the AEM-7’s?

Summer, fall, winter?

I’m just looking for an estimate based on any factual knowledge. Please no speculation.

PS. Great photos of the shop Boomer. That place looks clean as a whistle inside. Why does the yard have so much space between the tracks? It looks like they could fit an extra track between the foreground and middle track
  by BuddCar711
 
NorthPennLimited wrote:Why does the yard have so much space between the tracks? It looks like they could fit an extra track between the foreground and middle track
Because the tracks lead into the bays of the facility.
  by CNJGeep
 
NorthPennLimited wrote:Now that there are five ACS-64 locomotives on SEPTA’s property, does anyone have an idea when they will make the transition to swap motors and retire the AEM-7’s?

Summer, fall, winter?

I’m just looking for an estimate based on any factual knowledge. Please no speculation.
Test trains are still running. Regular crews have not been given a date for training, so not in the immediate future.
  by MACTRAXX
 
Everyone:

With the new CRRC Multilevel cars not scheduled for delivery until the fall of 2019 the new ACS64
locomotives will likely replace all eight motors over the course of the next 18 months. They should
be able to equip all of the push-pull trains and allow adequate spares and even allow some to be
leased out to other operators in the short term before the new cars are available.

MACTRAXX
  by chuchubob
 
Six push-pull motors photographed at North Broad Wednesday morning: ALP-44 2308; AEM7s 2303, 2307, 2301, 2304, and 2302.
  by mcgrath618
 
So was yesterday the last day of service for these guys? I heard a rumor that the sprinters are going in on Monday...
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9