Railroad Forums 

• Any PRR FM's surviving?

• Discussion of Fairbanks-Morse locomotive products. Official web site can be found here: www.fairbanksmorse.com.
Discussion of Fairbanks-Morse locomotive products. Official web site can be found here: www.fairbanksmorse.com.

Moderator: pablo

#327110  by David Hutchinson

Back in the 1980's, at Streigel Supply in Baltimore, was an H15/16-44 in PRR paint. I think it still had the radio antennae, also. It sat there alongside an A-B-A PRR E-7 set. I tried to get some interest up by wirting to the magazines, but nothing ever happened. They also had a PRR RS-1 there along with many other engines. A real shame.....

#327208  by PRRGuy

That's a shame..I've yet to find even one PRR FM... And we're down to only 1 E7A..but that's in no danger of being junked.

For those of you familiar with Doyle McCorimick (Spelling?) and his PA project, I remember hearing his trucks came from some old PRR Erie Built B-Units..are any of those around?

#329370  by GOLDEN-ARM

Doyle got those trucks, when the locos (railgrinders) they were under, were being scrapped. They are history, with only three pairs of trucks, being saved. Here's a thread, about those trucks, with pictures....... http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30188

#329394  by David Hutchinson

I got a shot of an FM B Unit on the Reading in Rutherford, Pa., around 1983. It was blue and I think it had RAMX reporting marks. I can't remember, but it might have been for some type of rail grinding company. I do remember seeing it in an issue of X2200 South. Wonder where it is? I think I still have the slide. I'll look for it this weekend and report back.

#329994  by PRRGuy

So, I'm guessing those 3 units were the only ones saved? Too bad they were eventually scrapped but at least their trucks are going to another worthy cause.. I wonder what they extra set of trucks will be used for? Perhaps that PB unit from the D&RGW? (The steam generator car) Or is that unit even still around?

#330009  by David Hutchinson

I talked to the person that was with me when we shot that RAMX B unit. He remembers it to be some type of rail welding company and that the B unit was an Erie built with six axle trucks.

#330011  by David Hutchinson

I talked to the person that was with me when we shot that RAMX B unit. He remembers it to be some type of rail welding company and that the B unit was an Erie built with six axle trucks.