Railroad Forums 

• Comet I's Officially Retired?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1044649  by DutchRailnut

wow another unsubstanciated TRE rumor , keep em comming Bro ??
 #1044660  by morris&essex4ever

DutchRailnut wrote:wow another unsubstanciated TRE rumor , keep em comming Bro ??
I'm sure he will! BTW, Jeff Smith rules. :)
 #1044668  by Silverliner II

25Hz wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:SEPTA is short five PP cars thanks to Irene,
Thanks to SEPTA you mean?

I think some 44's and comet 1's are going to move from NJ to PA sometime soon. How soon, i'm not sure.
Well, yeah, thanks to SEPTA. lol But I think all the Comet I's are long gone from NJT property now.
 #1044674  by airman00

I thought there were still 7 comet 1's still on NJT property? These are/were the ones for sale on sterling rail classified, that now say "make an offer".
 #1044687  by Silverliner II

airman00 wrote:I thought there were still 7 comet 1's still on NJT property? These are/were the ones for sale on sterling rail classified, that now say "make an offer".
I thought those were the ones that Metrolink was trying to dispose of out West...
 #1044728  by boomer

DutchRailnut wrote:wow another unsubstanciated TRE rumor , keep em comming Bro ??
25Hz is correct. Two alp44 and some rolling stock will be going across the Delaware river to live another day (or more?).
 #1044900  by ApproachMedium

I heard they want to rebuild their AEM-7s? I think they should just borrow the ALP44s and hang out till Amtrak gets rid of the AC AEM-7s. They have to be one of the best electrics right now next to the ALP46.
 #1044956  by airman00

Silverliner II wrote:
airman00 wrote:I thought there were still 7 comet 1's still on NJT property? These are/were the ones for sale on sterling rail classified, that now say "make an offer".
I thought those were the ones that Metrolink was trying to dispose of out West...
http://sterlingrail.com/classifieds/cla ... hp?id=3038

Here is the link. It says the cars are in NJ. I heard these were destined for a passenger operation out in Pennslyvania that isn't working out?
 #1044994  by 25Hz

The only rail project in PA that didn't work out that i know of was that harrisburg/york commuter line? It was supposed to be up and running by now.
 #1045001  by Silverliner II

Supposedly the cars were for a tourist line that didn't materialize.... heck, I didn't even hear much about that! Who knows.....
 #1071132  by Jtgshu

the car looks great! I love the simple red stripe on those cars as delievered....so simple, but very clean and sharp.

I wish NJT went with the "Dieselliner" name instead of the Comet name :)

On a separate note, in this months Trains, there is a picture of a Comet 1 Slider front and center on a Metrolink train with an article discussing the California High Speed Rail plan. Its one of the refurbished and wrapped UTA coaches.
 #1071170  by blockline4180

RiverMP21 wrote:What a Dieseliner should look like...
Very nice!! Are those your (ELDCPS) Dieseliners Mike???
 #1071271  by ApproachMedium

Speaking of metrolink, Everyone keep your eyes and ears peeled it shouldnt be long before the first of the completely overhauled Comet IB cars comes out of beech grove bound for CA. The cars had a complete gutting down to the stainless steel shells and will be rebuilt as coach cars to make additional capacity on Metrolink trains.
 #1071288  by DutchRailnut

all Comets are steel frame with Aluminium body, only stainless on them is hand rails near doors ;-)