• The Atlantic City Line Thread

  • Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: Tadman, nick11a, Kaback9, ACeInTheHole

  • 904 posts
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 61
  by BuddSilverliner269
 
This past Sunday, I caught an eastbound ACL X train thru Torresdale Station with 2 diesels. I didnt know it was coming but I did manage to get video of it. When I get the chance I will post it here
  by BuddSilverliner269
 
Saw a sb NJT local crossing the Delair Bridge at 6:12pm tonight with 2 locomotives. It was a P40-Gp40 combo with the P40 being in the lead when heading back to Philly.Should make for some interesting photos.Bob, Kaback??????Me?????? :-D
  by TheTroll
 
BuddSilverliner269 wrote:Saw a sb NJT local crossing the Delair Bridge at 6:12pm tonight with 2 locomotives. It was a P40-Gp40 combo with the P40 being in the lead when heading back to Philly.Should make for some interesting photos.Bob, Kaback??????Me?????? :-D
The GP had a problem with an oil line in the HEP. That must have been a heck of a ride every time you gave it a bit more throttle. The Geep could have beat that P40 from the back.
  by Kaback9
 
BuddSilverliner269 wrote:Saw a sb NJT local crossing the Delair Bridge at 6:12pm tonight with 2 locomotives. It was a P40-Gp40 combo with the P40 being in the lead when heading back to Philly.Should make for some interesting photos.Bob, Kaback??????Me?????? :-D
Caught them on the NEC yesterday :-D

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=1689523
  by transit383
 
Nice catch!
  by BuddSilverliner269
 
Hopefully tomorrow wont be a long day on the railroad for me so I hope to get some video of this duo....
  by GE-RULES
 
TheTroll wrote:The GP had a problem with an oil line in the HEP. That must have been a heck of a ride every time you gave it a bit more throttle. The Geep could have beat that P40 from the back.
This train was quite a rocket, thats for sure; it had no trouble getting up to speed!
BuddSilverliner269 wrote:Hopefully tomorrow wont be a long day on the railroad for me so I hope to get some video of this duo....
An MMC extra crew was on their way down behind me with new equipment around 11:00PM last night, they were also going to drill this equipment to get the geep off so it's probably just got the P40 on it today. :(
  by Jtgshu
 
GE-RULES wrote:
TheTroll wrote:The GP had a problem with an oil line in the HEP. That must have been a heck of a ride every time you gave it a bit more throttle. The Geep could have beat that P40 from the back.
This train was quite a rocket, thats for sure; it had no trouble getting up to speed!
i bet it didn't! I bet the Geep made up for the slowness of the GE in loading (yes, Notch, I know......hahaha) while the GE when it produces power in the midrange, that is where the Geep starts to let up a little bit. I bet the dynamics were absolutley incredible too - 60 to 0 in like 200 feet! hahaha
  by BadAddetude
 
It appears there was an accident today (728) on the ACL. Car v. Train at Bartram Avenue in Atco, just south of MP19. It appears that train No. 4630 was involved. There was 1 fatality in the vehicle. Busing of passengers from Hammonton to Philadelphia will continue into the night, so says the salesman.

Thoughts...
  by cruiser939
 
BadAddetude wrote:It appears there was an accident today (728) on the ACL. Car v. Train at Bartram Avenue in Atco, just south of MP19. It appears that train No. 4630 was involved. There was 1 fatality in the vehicle. Busing of passengers from Hammonton to Philadelphia will continue into the night, so says the salesman.

Thoughts...
I think some idiots need to learn how to drive better.
  by nick11a
 
What engine is on that? It doesn't look like a GP40PH-2.
  by RBint83
 
I believe it's 4802...
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 61