Railroad Forums 

• NJ Transit equipment in music video

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#502988  by nick11a

wolfboy8171981 wrote:Cyndi Lauper - Time after Time was filmed at the Morristown station.
I'll look it up on Youtube.... I love Cyndi Lauper.

#504170  by wolfboy8171981

In Chasing Amy there are some exterior shots of the Red Bank station. I'm not sure if the interior shots are actually inside the station.

#504308  by AMoreira81

wolfboy8171981 wrote:In Chasing Amy there are some exterior shots of the Red Bank station. I'm not sure if the interior shots are actually inside the station.
Was that Red Bank or another station, however in Monmouth standing in for Red Bank? (I thought it was a high platform station just beyond a curve.)

I am referring to a scene where some of the main characters are running down a platform and a NJCL train is coming in behind them.

#504309  by AMoreira81

wolfboy8171981 wrote:In Chasing Amy there are some exterior shots of the Red Bank station. I'm not sure if the interior shots are actually inside the station.
Are there other scenes in the movie set elsewhere along the North Jersey Coast Line as well? I am referring to a scene where some of the main characters are running down a platform and a North Jersey Coast train is coming in behind them.
 #1456569  by andegold

Sorry to raise the dead here but I'm watching Chasing Amy. There are exterior shots in Red Bank (or somewhere) that are definitely NJT. However, the inside shots immediately following are somewhere with signs for "Tracks 1 - 3" and "Tracks 4 - 7". Clearly not an NJT interior shot. Any ideas where it was?
 #1456641  by mohawkrailfan

I bet if I watched Naughty By Nature's videos for "O.P.P." and "I Gotta Lotta" I'd find some NJT equipment in or around East Orange, but I don't have time to do it right now.
 #1456851  by ExCon90

andegold wrote:Sorry to raise the dead here but I'm watching Chasing Amy. There are exterior shots in Red Bank (or somewhere) that are definitely NJT. However, the inside shots immediately following are somewhere with signs for "Tracks 1 - 3" and "Tracks 4 - 7". Clearly not an NJT interior shot. Any ideas where it was?
Didn't see the movie, but were the signs by any chance in German? The Frankfurt Airport station is in two parts, with the tracks arranged in just that way (with a considerable distance between tracks 3 and 4).
 #1456901  by Matt Johnson

andegold wrote:Sorry to raise the dead here but I'm watching Chasing Amy. There are exterior shots in Red Bank (or somewhere) that are definitely NJT. However, the inside shots immediately following are somewhere with signs for "Tracks 1 - 3" and "Tracks 4 - 7". Clearly not an NJT interior shot. Any ideas where it was?
Haha, that's the Galleria Mall in Red Bank, which in the movie became some nonexistent huge Red Bank train station!
 #1456918  by cobra30689

I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned the F40 and Comet II's rolling through what I believe is Asbury in the video for "One Step Up"......
 #1458008  by R36 Combine Coach

cobra30689 wrote:I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned the F40 and Comet II's rolling through what I believe is Asbury in the video for "One Step Up"......
Single was released 2/1988, video shot same month, also has the Arthur Kill Bridge. Didn't see the video lately, might have been an unrebuilt GP40P.
 #1458023  by andegold

Can barely see the engine in the video. One shot of the cab and a coach going through the crossing one way and then a shot of GP pushing a couple of coaches through the other way but way too blurry and quick to catch what it really was. Great song, great video, underappreciated album. Thanks for the link.
 #1471073  by blockline4180

R92 wrote:In Phil Collins "Take Me Home" video there is a 1/2 second shot of a U34CH leaving Hoboken with the NYC skyline in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRY1NG1P_kw

It's at 4:10 in the video - if you blink, you'll miss it!

Yes looks like 4176 to the Rivet counters but who knows Definitly.