Railroad Forums 

• Turkeys on Ramsey platform

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#325339  by sullivan1985

jimzim66 wrote:No boxcar. Duh. It's obviously going to be Santa and his reindeer trying to board during the rush. :-D
Excuse me sir, no magical sleds on the train during peak hours. You'll have to wait till the peak ends or lock it up at the station.

#325344  by sixty-six

So, Santa locks his sleigh at the station. Would the reindeer be considered service animals?

#325400  by Uzi-Cat

So, Santa locks his sleigh at the station. Would the reindeer be considered service animals?
Yeah, but when nobody was looking, I would kick them all off.
 #325583  by CarterB

Turkeys were heard from this am via email (using the hunt and peck typing method).....

".....Thanks to NJT...our family of 12 boarded a Westbound train at Ramsey stopped over for some 'peckings and beers at Suffern' and got off in Otisville, where we safely visited our relatives for the holiday!! While the 'roosts' left a little to be desired (hard to hang on with our feet) it was otherwise quite a nice ride."

#325618  by sixty-six

wpdj61 wrote:
Yeah, but when nobody was looking, I would kick them all off.
''

Looks like someone is getting coal is his stocking this year...

#325648  by boxcar

Coal and a certified letter from the sheriff.

boxcar

#325672  by nick11a

boxcar wrote:Coal and a certified letter from the sheriff.

boxcar
He deserves nothing less.

#325682  by Uzi-Cat

I'll take that coal anyday. The company gives me a lot of something which looks like coal but is nowhere near as pleasant.

By the way, I once had a sparrow on my train. We took him from Dover to Mt. Tabor. It took me that long to catch him. Fortunately, he was not in the cars where the passengers were. I guess, technically, I threw him off at Tabor. At least he had no sob story of why he didn't have a ticket.

#325686  by sixty-six

wpdj61 wrote:I'll take that coal anyday. The company gives me a lot of something which looks like coal but is nowhere near as pleasant.

By the way, I once had a sparrow on my train. We took him from Dover to Mt. Tabor. It took me that long to catch him. Fortunately, he was not in the cars where the passengers were. I guess, technically, I threw him off at Tabor. At least he had no sob story of why he didn't have a ticket.
Maybe all that chirping and fluttering was a sob story in itself :-P

#325711  by sullivan1985

jimzim66 wrote:Maybe all that chirping and fluttering was a sob story in itself :-P
The bird was obviously on drugs and spent all of it's money on a cheap high and couldn't afford the $1.50 fare.

#325740  by boxcar

Not good Scott, Mt. Tabor is an unsafe station to throw off a sparrow. The Blue Jays are rough in that area. I hope he doesn't cherp to customer servive. The Sheriff might get involved.

Boxcar

#325761  by Uzi-Cat

Maybe all that chirping and fluttering was a sob story in itself
Definitely not. All the sob stories I hear always start like this....

Passenger approaches me on the platform and it goes like this.

Passenger - "Yo check it out right!"
Me - NO!
Passenger - "Yo I just got robbed..."
Me - (I cut him off mid sentance) "NO!"
Passenger - "But I lost my ticket, I had one and I got...."
Me - (Again cutting him off) - "NO!"
Passenger - "Yo man you are cold"
Me - "YES!"

The Sparrow definitely didn't have this approach. I did have to chase him around the train though. At least he didn't try hiding in the bathroom. The little turd would let me get within 5 feet of him and then fly straight through 3 cars. Finally I figured out that I should close the doors as I left each car.
The bird was obviously on drugs and spent all of it's money on a cheap high and couldn't afford the $1.50 fare.
He was obviously down on his luck and just needed a lift. I heard about a pretty popular feeder in the Denville area and I think he was just trying to make it there. I think he let me catch him at Tabor knowing full well that he wanted off there anyway.
Not good Scott, Mt. Tabor is an unsafe station to throw off a sparrow. The Blue Jays are rough in that area. I hope he doesn't cherp to customer servive. The Sheriff might get involved.
Howard, the bluejays like to sleep in. You are usually safe there till about 11AM. After that, forget it. If all customer service is as inept as those at Secaucus, I don't have anything to worry about. I have it on good authority that the local PD are having their way with the sheriff. Seems as though he lost his license and is having some legal trouble. Mumbles knows can tell you all about that.

#469184  by boxcar

Any turkey sightings this year?

Boxcar

#469190  by njt5446

boxcar wrote:Any turkey sightings this year?

Boxcar
There's plenty around Three Bridges, but I haven't seen or heard of any urbanites yet!