Railroad Forums 

• RVL Whitehouse Passing Siding Progress

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#324076  by northjerseybuff

So did NJT ever add the new trains? or will they be in the spring 07 schedule?

#324251  by Mister Midtown

blockline4180 wrote:Question, do NJT hi rail/MOW vehicals go through Glen Gardner on the old CNJ? When I went by there last week I noticed that the tracks are still in place through the station and they almost had a bit of a shine to them..! The NS local doesn't use this portion of the line do they?
NJT still does tree trimming and very elementary maintenance on the portion they own between High Bridge and the division post with NS.
NS does not operate between High Bridge and the divsion post. The customers west of High Bridge are serviced by NS's Central Industrial Track, which is reached by a hand-operated switch called Conn on the Lehigh Line.
Last edited by Mister Midtown on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #324252  by Mister Midtown

F3A wrote:So how hard do you believe it would be to have a good sized park and ride station alongside I-78 in the area of the CNJ cutoff?
Annandale station is about 3 minutes off of Route 78. So it doesn't seem too hard to fathom since it already exits .

#324254  by Jtgshu

NJT hasn't added any new trains yet, because although the entire siding is built, ballasted and ready to go, there are no signals yet and im sure its not "remoted" yet, as there is nothing to remote.

Anyone know what the name of the interlocking(s) is gonna be?

#324378  by nick11a

I kind of like "White" personally. It goes along with "Green." Or you could go the older approach and call it "WH."

#324515  by Wanderer

Jtgshu wrote:NJT hasn't added any new trains yet, because although the entire siding is built, ballasted and ready to go, there are no signals yet and im sure its not "remoted" yet, as there is nothing to remote
Someone might also want to remind NJTransit to approve the changes with Conrail this time around.

Three words....October 29th Changes.

#324523  by blockline4180

Mister Midtown wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:Question, do NJT hi rail/MOW vehicals go through Glen Gardner on the old CNJ? When I went by there last week I noticed that the tracks are still in place through the station and they almost had a bit of a shine to them..! The NS local doesn't use this portion of the line do they?
NJT still does tree trimming and very elementary maintenance on the portion they own between High Bridge and the division post with NS.
NS does not operate between High Bridge and the divsion post. The customers west of High Bridge are serviced by NS's Central Industrial Track, which is reached by a hand-operated switch called Conn on the Lehigh Line.
Where exactly is the division post???
Thanks!

#324586  by Mister Midtown

blockline4180 wrote:Where exactly is the division post???
Thanks!
Its all in the third page of this thread.

#354928  by northjerseybuff

Any news on this siding? When will new service be added out to High Bridge?

#355155  by Ken W2KB

northjerseybuff wrote:Any news on this siding? When will new service be added out to High Bridge?
I believe that the cable and some other supplies were delivered to install the signals at the siding. One of the conductors whom I know told me that he expects the siding will be in operation and schedules changed in the Spring timetable issuance.

#355187  by mcmannors

Ken W2KB wrote:
northjerseybuff wrote:Any news on this siding? When will new service be added out to High Bridge?
I believe that the cable and some other supplies were delivered to install the signals at the siding. One of the conductors whom I know told me that he expects the siding will be in operation and schedules changed in the Spring timetable issuance.
And I heard that Spring will be too soon, and that the changes should be ready for the October changes.

I guess we'll soon see...

#355307  by Ken W2KB

mcmannors wrote:
Ken W2KB wrote:
And I heard that Spring will be too soon, and that the changes should be ready for the October changes.

I guess we'll soon see...
Guess so. Though it appears that the original construction for the track included the placement of conduits and vaults so one would expect that placing the cables, etc. could go faster.

#377510  by Wanderer

transit383 wrote:Schedules to take effect April 1, 2007 are now posted on the NJ Transit website

There is no increased service to High Bridge on this schedule change... when does the next one occur, July?
Judging for the Holiday Getaway dates on the schedule, it looks like this edition is good until about October. Overall, I only noted one or two changes, amounting to basically one minute at a station. Everything else looks unchanged.

#377512  by nick11a

People have been saying (I forget who) that they anticipated increased service to High Bridge to start the fall of this upcoming year, so maybe in October.