Railroad Forums 

• NJT Meadowlands spur project

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#573  by NJrailfan

Is anyone else as disturbed as I am that this project is seeming to go up higher on the totem pole above cutoff, W Trenton and MOM? This Meadowland project has been around for a few years while the big 3 has been on the drawing board for 10-15 yrs or more. Yet the politicians in Trenton are giving more money and lip service and the media is giving this more attention and demand then any of the big 3 are getting which gets attention from us on railroad.net and occasionally the Star Ledger and Daily Record with an article in the state section of the paper.

#670  by Jtgshu

The Port Authority is putting up much of the money for this project, if I am not mistaken, that is how it leapfrogged to the top of the list.....

Same with the new trans Hudson tunnel - the PA is sponsering part of hte project (it says so on the DEIS flyer I saw in Nwk penn the other day) so that is also what is putting the fire under NJT's butt on this one.

When the PA is contributing hundreds of millions of dollars for projects, if they say jump and rub your belly, you jump and rub your belly!!!

#689  by Guest

Looks to me by the way things are going that Spur in the Meadowlands will be done 3-5 years but the tunnel will be completed around 2012. Just in time for the 2012 Olympics when it happens. With the Olympic committee keeping a watchful eye I can see how these things are getting off the ground.

I presume by that time all the bilevels that were ordered will be up and runnign 100%.

So what happened to the "expanded/new concourse" at NYP that NJT was supposed to get with the tunnel as somewhat a compensation for not getting that tunnel to GCT? Hopeully that'l lget off the ground long beofre that tunnel and will be done by 2012 to anticipate the expected growth in service. Hopefully that new NYP in the Farley Building will come on line to handle the crowds.

#698  by TAMR213

I heard that there was a good chance of the 2012 olympics not coming to NYC? Would be pretty cool if they did though, could really boost the need and progress of some of the rail projects that are currently being talked about.

#711  by NJRailfan

Now this would put a huge "Rush" in getting that 2 mile Meadowlands spur, and H Tunnel with NYP concourse done by or on 2012.

#888  by NIMBYkiller

Hey, atleast it's incentive...

Also, they said something about the Olympics putting in 11billion into the city's economy. Yes, billion with a B. Is that even possible?
 #900  by railtrailbiker

The NJ TRANSIT Board of Directors today approved a contract amendment for Parsons Brinckerhoff Quade & Douglas Inc. of Newark to redesign a portion of the right-of-way in East Rutherford along the Pascack Valley Line, which will allow direct rail services to the Meadowlands Sports Complex.

http://www.njtransit.com/ne_pressreleas ... SE_ID=1002