Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: Tadman, nick11a, Kaback9, ACeInTheHole

  by trainster78
 
As per the "F40PH-2CAT's" forum, there have been speculations that 4145 is to return to service. Are all of the current PH-2A units planned for this?
  by CNJGeep
 
trainster78 wrote:As per the "F40PH-2CAT's" forum, there have been speculations that 4145 is to return to service. Are all of the current PH-2A units planned for this?
No plans set in stone. So far 4208, and 4205 have been reactivated, with 4145 looking to be next to be released. Who knows which one, if any, will be next.
  by Zuccaraillo
 
Is anyone aware if the -2A’s have been down the NJCL recently? It seems like ages since their last trip down.
  by NJT4149
 
Zuccaraillo wrote:Is anyone aware if the -2A’s have been down the NJCL recently? It seems like ages since their last trip down.
I think 2014 was the last time a 2A was on the Coast. They’re all OOS at the moment, though 4145 is testing...
  by liftedjeep
 
Hopefully they show up on the Atlantic City Line.

For well over a year now, it's been nothing but Geeps. I had heard the PL's have been outlawed down here.
Ben
  by Graeme Salt
 
Travelled the AC line early Feb and at least two of the turns were ALP45DP, maybe I was just unlucky?
  by liftedjeep
 
Graeme Salt wrote:Travelled the AC line early Feb and at least two of the turns were ALP45DP, maybe I was just unlucky?
They were actually extras that were brought in to help with the increase in passenger traffic for the Eagles parade after their Superbowl win. The 45's hung around for a day or two afterwards.
Ben
  by Fan Railer
 
liftedjeep wrote:Hopefully they show up on the Atlantic City Line.

For well over a year now, it's been nothing but Geeps. I had heard the PL's have been outlawed down here.
Ben
What's wrong with having PLs down on the AC?
  by liftedjeep
 
Fan Railer wrote:
liftedjeep wrote:Hopefully they show up on the Atlantic City Line.

For well over a year now, it's been nothing but Geeps. I had heard the PL's have been outlawed down here.
Ben
What's wrong with having PLs down on the AC?
If you're asking for my personal reasons, I think they are ugly and I would much rather prefer seeing the GP40s.

As to why they were outlawed, that I do not know, nor have I been able to find the reason. But it has been more than a year since one has been on the ACL.
Ben
  by blockline4180
 
Read on Facebook and was told by an employee friend that 4145 is heading to Maryland in exchange for the leased MARC coaches. Can anyone confirm for sure? Thanks.
  by amtrakhogger
 
blockline4180 wrote:Read on Facebook and was told by an employee friend that 4145 is heading to Maryland in exchange for the leased MARC coaches. Can anyone confirm for sure? Thanks.
According to Trainsmag Newswire today, the deal is confirmed and the equipment exchange should occur in the near future. However, no info on which loco is going south (only that it is one scheduled to be retired.)
  by trainster78
 
If it’s not the 4145 could it possibly be one of the F40PH-2CATs that they have been leading around (to AMT, etc.)?
  by twropr
 
Maryland MTA told me the ten coaches will be available to NJT for eight weeks but did not have word on which GP40 they would be getting.
Andy
  by sullivan1985
 
NJTR 4145 is the trade piece for Maryland.

The remaining GP40PH-2As are likely never going anywhere again.

4146, 4147 and 4149 have had many parts taken from them to repair other GP40s in the fleet. 4150 donated its prime mover to one of them, too.
  by blockline4180
 
sullivan1985 wrote:NJTR 4145 is the trade piece for Maryland.
Thanks. Will the engine return to passenger service up here once the 8 week MARC lease is over as the news articles and so called press releases have stated?? Or is it just another non revenue engine??
Seems strange that NJT will only lease the MARC stuff for 2 months and not throughout the entire summer.