Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1429536  by Steampowered

they need to bring back newak path to 33rd street direct again, until its over. Otherwise people will just drive in .
 #1430496  by TDowling

Part of the problem is the fact that Congress has consistently dragged its feet in regards to the well-being of our rail systems since the Carter administration. Obama may have initiated a short-term program to rehab transit in America but I don't see it going anywhere under Trump. The other part of the issue is the fact that protocol seems to be flouted across NJ Transit. Rules should be very strictly followed when it comes to safety. Progress begins with the smallest steps, and officials should be more stringent about safety.
 #1430594  by ExCon90

I see posts from time to time that officials at NJT tend to be political appointees who have little or no railroad experience but know how to navigate political channels; any comments on that?
 #1430609  by Backshophoss

The current governor is part of the problem,as are all the political appointees at NJT. :P
There's a need to clean up their internal messes "in house" and with the FRA,before complaining about Amtrak and the NY Penn's
track conditions. :P
 #1452059  by EuroStar

This thread seems the most appropriate to report on the exit of experienced managerial employees from NJT over the last few years. It is amazing to see that so many people have left. The spread between what NJT offers and what the other agencies are offering must be large -- nobody will move his/her family for an extra $1,000 per year. http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/w ... 902104001/
 #1452095  by kilroy

Non union personnel haven't had a raise in nine years I believe. I know two years ago it was seven years and I doubt there has been a raise in the past two years.

That amounts to a 3% pay cut each year due to inflation. Multiply by 9. Is it any wonder people are leaving?