Railroad Forums 

• Late night service to Bay Head

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1384391  by philipmartin

3289, the 9:38pm train from New York and 3205, the 1:00am train from N.Y. will have connections to Bay Head, June 27, 2016 to September 9. See story in the Asbury Press below, and see it i the May 15th schedule.

http://www.app.com/story/news/traffic/c ... /84131698/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/upcoming/R0080.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1384900  by philipmartin

Transit will also run "one seat ride" trains between New York and Bay Head, four west and four east, on weekends, June 26th through September 10, 2016. Viva la ALP45!
 #1386760  by ExCon90

This question is about rush-hour service, not late-night, but to avoid starting a new thread for one question ...
There is an interesting head-end video of the NJCL from Bay Head to NYP on the railwayage.com website, (by William Vantuono) during which it is apparent that some intermediate stations have platforms considerably shorter than the trains. For westbounds, is there a procedure in place at NYP and Newark to enable boarding passengers to sort themselves out so they can travel in a car that will platform at their station?
 #1386798  by philipmartin

ExCon90 wrote:For westbounds, is there a procedure in place at NYP and Newark to enable boarding passengers to sort themselves out so they can travel in a car that will platform at their station?
I'm not a trainman, but an occasional rider an hear announcements for people in the first or last cars
to move back or forward to a car where the doors will open for the next station. When I ride to High Bridge I ask the ticket collector which end of the train I should be on. Only a couple of cars platform there.
 #1386869  by jamesinclair

ExCon90 wrote:This question is about rush-hour service, not late-night, but to avoid starting a new thread for one question ...
There is an interesting head-end video of the NJCL from Bay Head to NYP on the railwayage.com website, (by William Vantuono) during which it is apparent that some intermediate stations have platforms considerably shorter than the trains. For westbounds, is there a procedure in place at NYP and Newark to enable boarding passengers to sort themselves out so they can travel in a car that will platform at their station?
No. When the ticket is punched you are generally told to move forward or back and then there are 42 announcements made before the stop
 #1386951  by ExCon90

So only the regulars know which cars to board when they get on--I thought that might be it. Hard to figure what else could be done, actually, in the boarding maelstrom at NYP in rush hour--just get on at the nearest door and worry about the rest later.