Railroad Forums 

• NJ Transit Disputes CBS Report of Trains Breaking Limits

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1332221  by Tadman

Yeah that was the dumbest article I've ever seen. Passengers say the train "feels" like it was going too fast? A "safety worker"??? Shoot, a janitor could be considered a "safety worker"...

And I like the bit about not filming nor using a radar gun on platforms due to regulations. You could imagine the injuries it would cause if the NJT engineer thought he/she was being shot at from a "gun" and threw the train into emergency at 72mph with a crush load of passengers. I would've loved to see the tv station get sued for that one.
 #1332241  by EDM5970

Since when do trains have 'steering panels', as reported in the New York Times article, quoted by Railway Age? That's almost as rich as the reporter suggesting that to relieve congestion in the Hudson River tunnels, NJ Transit should route some of it's rush hour trains through the PATH tunnels. Once again, the media has no clue.
 #1332333  by Backshophoss

Seems like every local news out carries a radar gun for stories of speeding on local streets-nothing new there.
WCBS 2 in NYC should know better then filming a "story" on NJT property without their ok....
However,where did the radar gun come from? police surplus or a sporting goods outlet?? :P
 #1332620  by Literalman

Mistaking a radar gun for a weapon: a woman told me that she was tired of people speeding through her neighborhood and, lacking a radar gun, stood beside the street and pointed her handheld hair dryer at the traffic. :-)