Railroad Forums 

• Honoring Amtrak Tickets Due to Amtrak Derailment

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1330771  by CLamb

I see NJT is cross-honoring Amtrak tickets on the River Line and PATCO is also cross-honoring Amtrak tickets. SEPTA doesn't seem to be. Because Amtrak is not running south/west out of NYP is would be nice if NJT cross-honored Amtrak tickets on the NEC as well so Amtrak passengers could get from Philadelphia to NYC.
 #1330790  by jackintosh11

They are cross honoring on NEC, river line, and all southern division buses. PATCO is cross honoring Amtrak and NJT Atlantic City Line tickets, and septa cross honors between 30th and Jefferson (PATCO connection) at all times. So it is still possible to get from PHL to NYP by rail on an amtrak ticket
 #1331083  by Roadgeek Adam

What I am trying to figure out for NJ Transit is the busing situation of the Atlantic City Line, because I am going to Ocean City tomorrow. I intend to do NEC-RL-ACL. If service is not restored to Pennsauken T.C. tomorrow, I am kind of hoping there is connecting bus service. Just a bit nervous given how bad service on the ACL is.
 #1331093  by Roadgeek Adam

chuchubob wrote:NJ Transit is running buses from Pennsauken TC to the Cherry Hill station for the train to Atlantic City.
Yeah well, it was announced literally 17 minutes after I posted that service is being restored at normal time tomorrow. Thanks, though.
 #1331226  by TrainPhotos

Copied right off the NJT page.

"ACRL service between Philadelphia 30th Street and Cherry Hill is resuming on Friday, May 15 beginning with outbound train 4608 scheduled to depart Atlantic City at 4:33am and inbound train 4613, scheduled to depart Philadelphia 30th street at 5:37 am."

I guess The AC line's equipment is stuck down there for a few days more?
 #1331268  by chuchubob

TrainPhotos wrote:Copied right off the NJT page.

"ACRL service between Philadelphia 30th Street and Cherry Hill is resuming on Friday, May 15 beginning with outbound train 4608 scheduled to depart Atlantic City at 4:33am and inbound train 4613, scheduled to depart Philadelphia 30th street at 5:37 am."

I guess The AC line's equipment is stuck down there for a few days more?
The entire line is operating. Trains were already running between AC and Cherry Hill.
 #1331807  by JamesRR

I didn't notice any additional traffic on my 8PM NJT NEC Penn Station departure on Friday the 15th. No more crowded than usual. Considering the alternative required taking NJT to Trenton, shuttle bus to West Trenton, SEPTA to Philly, then transferring back to Amtrak, I'm assuming many found alternative air and road means of travel.
 #1331848  by Roadgeek Adam

When I was at Trenton on Friday morning, People trying to make SEPTA connections were completely dumbfounded seeing Cancelled on the DepartureVision screens. I had to explain to at least 15 people that you had to use a shuttle to West Trenton for SEPTA access to Philadelphia and pointed the way.
 #1332005  by sammy2009

I have to say this incident was very unfortunate....but it is good that corridor region PHL, New Jersey, New York pretty much have alternate routes to get into the PHL & NY ..i can't say that for other cities.....AMTRAK Stopped in Philly..alternate was West Trenton Line, Patco, Riverline to connect to NJTRANSIT at Trenton to head to Penn Station.